Reliable online laser cutting service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DDKL

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi All,

I'm working on designing some parts to be laser cut from 2 or 3 mm 316 stainless steel and was hoping someone might have a recommendation for a reliable online laser cutting service.

I'd like to be able to put multiple items in one file to be cut rather than having send in multiple files for a batch of parts.

As an example, the parts I currently have in my library that I want to cut first are a range of sidemount triglides and harness buckles...

Quick turnaround time would be preferable...

Thanks,

D.

Most fab shops will take whatever you have, whether it's one file or several, and they'll end up moving your parts around for most efficient manufacturing, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Yeah - I’m trying to find a reliable online one that’ll do 316 as the local ones are all 304 only unless I supply my own metal...

I agree with Luca - a waterjet will do a nicer finish on material of that thickness IMO. I've seen it used on thicker stock used for custom wheels but that was aluminum alloy.

Try custpm car fabricators in your area - some have them. Or bike (motorcycle) fabricators.

Try emachineshop.com they've been around for a long time. Free CAD software, so you can design exactly what you want, or you can send them job specs. The boss there is Ivan.

How do prices compare at emachineshop.com?

I’m going to grab their free CAD software that apparently allows you to get quotes from within the program.

What DDKL said. The software will generate quotes based on material, number of pieces, and actual job. If you're planning to have them do more than the software accommodates, custom work, you'd have to call them for a quote. I've seen one machine shop charge $20 to fab a simple pulley, while another charged $125. Competitive is a very local context thing.

Back
Top Bottom