Drysuit YKK Proseal BDM zipper tiny leak - quick fix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had the same issue over the winter, and made a similar repair using aquaseal. It's been about 20 dives and so far no leaks.

BDM YKK DYNAT OEB TIZIP and SZIP Waterproof zippers.

BDM,Dynat and OEB belong to YKK group,they are nearly monopolize drysuit zipper market.
TIZIP is a Germany made, only provides the TPU waterproof zippers for dry bags and semi dry zippers etc
SZIP is China company, manufatures the full range from water repellent zippers, airtight zippers, 100% waterproof zippers, high speed door zippers, fire resistant zippers etc

You can visit the website:SZIP waterproof zipper waterproof zipper, airtight diving drysuit, water ball zipper for more info

BDM YKK DYNAT OEB TIZIP and SZIP Waterproof zippers.

BDM,Dynat and OEB belong to YKK group,they are nearly monopolize drysuit zipper market.
TIZIP is a Germany made, only provides the TPU waterproof zippers for dry bags and semi dry zippers etc
SZIP is China company, manufatures the full range from water repellent zippers, airtight zippers, 100% waterproof zippers, high speed door zippers, fire resistant zippers etc

You can visit the website:SZIP waterproof zipper waterproof zipper, airtight diving drysuit, water ball zipper for more info
Your information about TIZIP is incorrect. I think you're just a spammer. Since the information you posted about your competitors is incorrect, it makes me question your SZIP product.

Bare, DUI, and probably others ship drysuits with TIZIP zippers. The TIZIP site has a section dedicated to scuba drysuit applications.

The zipper on my Bare HDC Expedition Tech is a TIZIP.

Your information about TIZIP is incorrect. I think you're just a spammer. Since the information you posted about your competitors is incorrect, it makes me question your SZIP product.

Bare, DUI, and probably others ship drysuits with TIZIP zippers. The TIZIP site has a section dedicated to scuba drysuit applications.

The zipper on my Bare HDC Expedition Tech is a TIZIP.

Yeah, TIZIP can also supply the zippers for the dry suits, but you can kindly check the airpressure resistant the TIZIP can hold, then you can know the Metal dry zippers(100KPA minimum) are much reliable.

Hi sir:)

Yes, you are correct that some other manufacturers for the metal dry zippers.

But the SBS is a regular zipper manufacturer, listed company in China Stock. They just buy the metal dry zippers from real manufacturers:)
The Dongguan Pingjia Zipper only makes regular zippers:)
Kinzip is our competitors:)
Jiaxing DK Zipper is also manufacturer:)

However, we can manufature the full range of zippers from water repellent zippers, TPU airtight zippers(which are more flexible than metal dry zippers) and also metal dry zippers

The way to distinguish a manufacturer or a trader is simple, inquire the price for the same item:)

I had the exact failure mode on a zip of mine, and made the same repair. Worked for a little while, but like you I was so paranoid of tearing it again that I got the zip replaced.

I had the exact failure mode on a zip of mine, and made the same repair. Worked for a little while, but like you I was so paranoid of tearing it again that I got the zip replaced.
Yea, the fear is there now haha. I will dive it until it fails which I hope won't be soon.

Update I got a response from the manufacturer who took a look at the pictures I posted. They were of the opinion that I needed to re-grease the end block by pushing some silicon grease into the section where the rubber “V”s are. I did this using a cotton bud at their recommendation after cleaning the area. The grease is supposed to close any small gaps that can cause small leaks. So my Aquasure fix and their silicone grease fix hopefully combine to keep the zipper water tight for a long time. I've done about 10 dives since my previous post and I'm still dry. :yeahbaby:

Yea, the fear is there now haha. I will dive it until it fails which I hope won't be soon.

Update I got a response from the manufacturer who took a look at the pictures I posted. They were of the opinion that I needed to re-grease the end block by pushing some silicon grease into the section where the rubber “V”s are. I did this using a cotton bud at their recommendation after cleaning the area. The grease is supposed to close any small gaps that can cause small leaks. So my Aquasure fix and their silicone grease fix hopefully combine to keep the zipper water tight for a long time. I've done about 10 dives since my previous post and I'm still dry. :yeahbaby:

Who is the manufacturer? Looks like an Otter?

Back
Top Bottom