Recommendations for September?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@vam That would be awesome. Last year I brought my golf clubs with me, but this year I am seriously considering bringing my dive gear instead :) Unfortunately, if even if bring my gear, I will still need to rent a wetsuit - or is Lake Simcoe warm enough that I could get by with my 5 mm? (I have become intolerant of cold water living here in Okinawa - I was suffering in 21C water with my old compressed 3mm that I went out and bought a 5mm - lol)

I've used my 7mm as early as April and as late as December in Lake Simcoe, but I have a very good tolerance for cold. Last September the water was about 65F (18C) in the shallow 20-30' range, and about 55F (12C) in the 60-70' range. If you're suffering in 21C water in a worn out 3mm then a newish 5mm might be ok, but you might just be better off renting a 7mm and knowing that you'll be warm enough.

See you in September!

Great! I'll be contacting you sometime in August to work out the finer details :wink:

Revisiting this thread - going to try again (more seriously - lol). Will be back from August 16th until Labour Day :)

Reactions: vam
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom