Oahu Solo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ZeroG

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm going to Oahu end of June - solo for 8 days. This is a dive trip treat to myself, and I would like dive everyday, and possibly take 1 or 2 classes (deep / wreak / nitrox). Optimal would be a Padi dive shop that offers multi day packages, good equipment (rental gear / boat), classes, and friendly staff since I'll be diving with them a lot.

I just passed my Padi Rescue Diver, and have never been to Oahu. So any advice on the above idea is most welcome. The above might be asking to much, it looks to me most operators specialize in introductory diving, so to class part on my list may have to wait until I get home to my LDS. I assume having the AOW is sufficient to do the wreak dives on Oahu.

So far my list includes of places to call are.
Oahu Divers (most reviews)
Waikiki Dive Center (next to my hotel)
Kaimana Divers (best reviews)

Again any advice is welcome and appreciated. Share you thoughts.

Waikiki Dive Center has always given us safe and fun dives.

Thanks for the responses, I'm trying to work out a dive plan with Kaimana Divers. Based simply on reviews this seams like my kind of crew. I'm sure the others are good as well, most likely all the top dive operators on Oahu if folks on ScubaBoard are talking about them.

I'll give a trip report when I get back, so everyone can benefit.

P.S.
I've read a lot of reviews regarding Oahu Dive Operators on various sites. My favorite so far was for one of the shops on Oahu (not Kaimana). This was a negative review (1 star) because the dive master forgot to put weights in this guys BCD - wow really the DM forgot to do this. I suppose if this guy had failed a test in school it would be because the teacher forgot to put lead in his pencil. At some point people need to take some personal responsibility. If you don't have weights ASK, OR you can get them yourself.

I spent an entire week diving with Kaimana Divers. Gabe is a supper nice guy, and everyone on staff is very Professional, yet easy going. I would not hesitate to dive with Kaimana again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom