Masks that fit small faced women

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I forgot to mention that my wife and I have significant different face shapes, and the Mako Mini fit my wife's thinner face and mine equally well.

Thanks everyone... As I and others in our group dive the Atomic Frameless and Venom.... She could not get aiseal, leaked non-stop. Looks like the Mako and ScubaPro is in her future.

t my last job we have a bunch of tiny girls, most of whom had never snorkeled before, let alone knew what mask to get. We had a bunch of Aqualung Linea's and none of them had an issue with them.

aqualung micromask and the oceanic mini shadow are my go-to masks

some month ago I bought one nice mask for my daugher - for her tiny face it fits nice
seac-sub-extreme-mask-all-black.jpg

Attachments

• Snapshot51.jpg
    Snapshot51.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 209
  • Snapshot54.jpg
    Snapshot54.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 192
aqualung micromask and the oceanic mini shadow are my go-to masks

The Aqualung micro mask looks quite similar to the MAKO minimus mask, especially with respect to size and shape. However, if you examine both the Aqualung mask and the Oceanic mini that you referenced, you may notice a significant difference.

The MAKO Mini does NOT have a mask strap buckle attached to the side of the mask frame. Placing the buckle on this location makes the buckle susceptible to damage if the mask is dropped or subject to other "usual" abusive practices that happen on a boat (or on the pool deck).

The MAKO mask uses a different design. The mask buckle is attached directly to the mask skirt - Not the frame. If the MAKO mask is dropped on the side the mask skirt will simply fold inward, protecting the buckle from concentrated impact. This also means the MAKO Mini can be folded almost completely flat - making it extremely compact. This should be quite advantageous to a technical diver who wants to carry a back up mask in a pocket.

The Aqualung - Technisub mask below: sorry for the small pictures
aqua-lung-micromask-dive-mask-side.jpg

aqua-lung-micromask-dive-mask-detail.jpg

Oceanic Mini Below:

9a6d0eda-7d41-4a1d-8189-e16c98a13474_1.890972a1dede34fae2026736eab92bc9.jpe

MAKO Mini (Side view):

mmm-side-view_dtl.jpg

MMM-2T.jpg

The Aqualung micro mask looks quite similar to the MAKO minimus mask, especially with respect to size and shape. However, if you examine both the Aqualung mask and the Oceanic mini that you referenced, you may notice a significant difference.

The MAKO Mini does NOT have a mask strap buckle attached to the side of the mask frame. Placing the buckle on this location makes the buckle susceptible to damage if the mask is dropped or subject to other "usual" abusive practices that happen on a boat (or on the pool deck).

The MAKO mask uses a different design. The mask buckle is attached directly to the mask skirt - Not the frame. If the MAKO mask is dropped on the side the mask skirt will simply fold inward, protecting the buckle from concentrated impact. This also means the MAKO Mini can be folded almost completely flat - making it extremely compact. This should be quite advantageous to a technical diver who wants to carry a back up mask in a pocket.

The Aqualung - Technisub mask below: sorry for the small pictures
View attachment 460466

View attachment 460467

Oceanic Mini Below:

View attachment 460468

MAKO Mini (Side view):

View attachment 460469

View attachment 460470

Never had an issue in the 9 years I've had the micromask and 7 years i've had the mini shadow. I average well over 100 dives/year and the masks live in my fins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom