Fiji Airways - weighing carry-on bags at SFO?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kryssa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm flying business to Fiji and I was wondering if they weigh carry-on bags at SFO. I get 2 carry-on bags plus a personal item, but the bags are said to be limited to 7 kg. Just wondering if they enforce it.

Thanks!

Unless things have changed...flew Business Class with FijiAir last October from LAX,and had a very generous weight allowance.

Unless things have changed...flew Business Class with FijiAir last October from LAX,and had a very generous weight allowance.

The checked bag allowance is generous - 3 bags at 30kg each.

However, I'd love to take my clothes AND wetsuits on the plane with me if possible. I'm a bigger gal so finding clothes and wetsuits can be a challenge if my bags don't make it.

The checked bag allowance is generous - 3 bags at 30kg each.

However, I'd love to take my clothes AND wetsuits on the plane with me if possible. I'm a bigger gal so finding clothes and wetsuits can be a challenge if my bags don't make it.
I'm flying with them in late August. Their website says 2x15 kg in Business. Ugh. I prefer to take my regs and pony in carry-on

Certainly a first world problem

I'm flying with them in late August. Their website says 2x15 kg in Business. Ugh. I prefer to take my regs and pony in carry-on

Where are you flying from? From LAX/SFO/Canada I'm seeing 2 x 7 kg carry-on luggage (maybe you meant 15 lbs?) and 3 x 30 kg checked luggage.

Where are you flying from? From LAX/SFO/Canada I'm seeing 2 x 7 kg carry-on luggage (maybe you meant 15 lbs?) and 3 x 30 kg checked luggage.
My bad. . . I must have been lost in space when I looked on my phone. The overweight penalties for cabin luggage are breathtaking. . .

They didn't hassle me much, especially flying business. I told them I had a lot of expensive camera equipment in my roll on.

They didn't weigh our bags when we flew business and they tag your carry-ons with biz tags. They did however weigh the other classes carry-ons on our trip.

They didn't weigh our carry ons out of LAX last summer, but I'm told that it is more or less random and can depend on who happens to be working the counter.

It's worth reading the fine print on carry ons. For example, computers and camera gear (unless it's obviously professional/excessive) don't count against you on weight. Segregate those things so you can pull them out if you get checked. It's also worth thinking about the bags you use. A typical carry on roller uses up a ton of your allowance.

Back
Top Bottom