ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2019 Fiji

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was looking at Health Information for Travelers and clicked on Fiji. The recommended vaccines are Hepatitis A and Typhoid. Dennis and/or Roxanne.....your thoughts based on your previous travel?

I was looking at Health Information for Travelers and clicked on Fiji. The recommended vaccines are Hepatitis A and Typhoid. Dennis and/or Roxanne.....your thoughts based on your previous travel?

As we get closer we will see if these recommendations change. I think it is sorta the standard statement for that part of the planet, since I think we had the same statement for the Philippines trip. For that trip Roxanne & I did not get any shots and plan to follow the same plan for this one unless something changes.
However as always everyone's health decisions are a personal choice. For now I think just to monitor is the best path forward since we so far out.

We returned yesterday (2/24/18) from 7 nights at Beqa Lagoon Resort - No matter what they say, BLR and the Shark Dives at Cathedral will exceed your wildest expectations. WOW. Just wait till you have 3 or more Tigers in the arena and a 10 ft Bull shows up. YIKES! (they don't get along) things got a little crazy for about 10 minutes. AWESOME dives. The Tigers ranged from 9 ft to 14 foot. Dozens of Lemons and Tawney Nurse sharks too.
If the boys (BLR Dive Team) started feeding the pervious night or very early the morning of your dives, you may find a 10 ft Tiger waiting for you under the boat as soon as you roll in at about 9:30 AM. Stay vertical and don't turn your back on her - she's just checking you out. Proceed to the arena and get ready to rumble. AMAZING. Dumbstruck with awe.

As for the BLR itself, Perfect! Music, Fire Walkers, Tribal dancers, Outstanding food and PLENTY of it. Building fresh water showers at the dive shop while we were there. The BLR Dive Team RULES. Such nice guys.
And don't forget to do the shore dive. We saw Blue Spotted Rays, Textile Snails, White Tipped Reef Sharks, Phantom Bannerfish and much more. The boys will take you out to the far channel marker in the Tinny if you don't feel like swimming all the way out. Easy diving with a max depth of 10M X 90 min dive time. Water temp was 84-86F last week.

I WILL RETURN NEXT YEAR.

Will be there next Feb/March also, cannot wait

We just returned from BLR. It's all true. The shark dive was the most amazing thing I have ever done in 4000+ dives. I cried a little underwater.

DSCI0428.jpg
DSCI0432.JPG

Hey so are we all getting Nitrox for this trip? It's 32%, 2 dives a day (except for 2 days of 3 dives), and sounds like shore diving is all above 40'. What ya think? Is it necessary? Is it possible to only use it on the days with 3 dives? I know, it's personal - but what are YOU doing? That $200 could go a long way in convincing people to do dumb stuff around the resort after drinks are served! I already got my "what will Dennis do for $10" list going. We already marked yes on our Maduro sheets that we want it, but figured I'd ask before I submit it.

Back
Top Bottom