Da Nang

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KatieMac

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all, just found out I have to go to Da Nang in July. Wondering if it's worth staying an extra day or two to dive. I don't really have ability to get out of Da Nang so would only stay to dive if I could find very close dive sites.

Any recommendations for dive ops/dive sites?

The historic China Beach, is the usual entrance to the Sea.

I do not know if it has any good diving.

I do remember swimming off the white sand beach.

Enjoy your time in Da Nang.

Hope others will come on and provide more information for your July trip.

I remember swimming from China Beach too, and thinking about whether it would be interesting to dive. But my gear was on an aircraft carrier in the South China Sea, and there weren't any airplanes that I flew that had any kind of baggage compartment, so all I did was wonder about it. Did some terrific diving in the Philippines in and around Subic Bay, though. Let us know how it goes?

There were a few dive shops in Hoi An when I visited. I don't recall seeing any in Da Nang proper, but I wasn't there for diving and I don't have a personal review. It seems from basic searching most shops list themselves in Hoi An, not Da Nang.

Hoi An, depending on your resort/hotel, is as close as a 20 min free shuttle away, such as from the Hyatt. Or can be quite a bit longer if you're way up at the Intercontinental. Those right in Da Nang city are probably more like 30-45 min away. Anyway Cham Island Diving, for instance, is one operator you might check out their site to become familiar with the area. There aren't many personal reviews here for Vietnam though, so I guess you'll be rolling the dice either way. If you do go, please give some feedback on here afterwards if you can find the time, so we get a few more Vietnam trip reports.

There were a few dive shops in Hoi An when I visited. I don't recall seeing any in Da Nang proper, but I wasn't there for diving and I don't have a personal review. It seems from basic searching most shops list themselves in Hoi An, not Da Nang.

Hoi An, depending on your resort/hotel, is as close as a 20 min free shuttle away, such as from the Hyatt. Or can be quite a bit longer if you're way up at the Intercontinental. Those right in Da Nang city are probably more like 30-45 min away. Anyway Cham Island Diving, for instance, is one operator you might check out their site to become familiar with the area. There aren't many personal reviews here for Vietnam though, so I guess you'll be rolling the dice either way. If you do go, please give some feedback on here afterwards if you can find the time, so we get a few more Vietnam trip reports.
Thanks for the geography lesson. I was feeling like I would go all the way to Viet Nam where there is fantastic diving and not be close enough to enjoy it. I am at the Hyatt and now see that Hoi An is very close. I feel more hopeful now :)

Thanks for the geography lesson. I was feeling like I would go all the way to Viet Nam where there is fantastic diving and not be close enough to enjoy it. I am at the Hyatt and now see that Hoi An is very close. I feel more hopeful now :)
There is good diving out of Hoi An. All of the dive operators take you out to the Cham Islands for 2 tank dives and lunch on one of the islands. Makes for a great day. I have been out with these guys: Hoi An Diving Center, Five Star PADI Scuba Dive Center - Hoi An Diving Center, Five Star PADI Scuba Dive Center

The Hyatt there is a very nice property, I stayed there a few times and like it a lot. Not much outside the gate for food options is the only down side I had to it (although it's been awhile since I was there last, might have changed some). So the hotel restaurants are your only options unless you taxi into town or eat with the shuttle in Hoi An. Enjoy your trip.

The Hyatt there is a very nice property, I stayed there a few times and like it a lot. Not much outside the gate for food options is the only down side I had to it (although it's been awhile since I was there last, might have changed some). So the hotel restaurants are your only options unless you taxi into town or eat with the shuttle in Hoi An. Enjoy your trip.
Our group will shuttle to Hoi An for dinner at least one night.

Back
Top Bottom