Differences between XTX 200, 100 and 50 Second stages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BoltSnap

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I would like to know from people that know for certain (service technicians that have the diagrams and training and experience with all models for example) what the differences are between the XTX 200, 100 and 50 Second stages in terms of:

1. Design

2. Material

3. Parts

4. Features

5. Performances

6. ANY other differences

Note: Information requested is for the SECOND stages, I know about the first stages :)

1. aesthetically different
2. none other than the "chrome" painting on the exterior
3. The cases and covers have different part numbers to reflect the aesthetics
4. none
5. none
6. aesthetic differences only.

apeks reg technician currently looking at the repair manuals

4. none
5. none

So the difference is only in the first stages?

Aesthetics and price are the only differences, bling costs money...first stages differ but performance is the same. All "normal" sized second stage models use the same service kit and all first stages, save the flight, use the same service kit too.

Last edited:
4. none
5. none

As @tbone1004 states. The latest service manual title is "XTX 200 * 100 * 50 Second Stage". It also covers the XTX 50 Octopus and the XTX Tungsten model. Parts come in PVD, chrome, or satin and you have different purge button, case covers, and decal part numbers.

Aesthetics and price are the only differences, bling costs money...first stages differ but performance is the same. All "normal" sized second stage models use the same service kit and all first stages, save the flight, use the same service kit too.
Yes.

You get braided hoses on the more expensive models as well instead of rubber.

Beside cosmetics only difference between 100 and 200/50 is adjusting screw. To me it looks the same, but part number is different.

Satin for the XTX 100 (AP6577FS) versus Chrome for the XTX 200/50 (AP6577F). Identical part otherwise.

Interesting thread to read.

Basically if I read the above correctly and wanted to buy Apeks, I am as well buying an XTX50 unless I want the "better" looking XTX 100 or 200? If the parts are the same, it stands to reason that the function will be the same (or within such a fraction that it would be impossible to tell).

Back
Top Bottom