Bonaire - lost today on road between Capt. Don/den Laman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great news. During the day by the roundabout, half the people on the road are divers. I thought you had a decent chance of getting it back. Happy diving.

Where are the Bonaire bashers now? Glad you got it back. I believe the vast majority of Bonairians are honest, helpful, friendly people.

Where are the Bonaire bashers now? Glad you got it back. I believe the vast majority of Bonairians are honest, helpful, friendly people.
Well said.

The word on the street is, in Bonaire especially, leaving personal property unattended rarely has a good outcome, just sayin'.
I set a black bag down on a beach in cozumel so someone in the group could take a pic...got distracted & walked away without the bag (or else I left it in our dune buggy by accident & got out to walk around a road-side shop...either way, when I returned 10 minutes later to both destinations, it was gone. Passport, wallet, cash, etc. Police said it was a lost cause & didn't even take out a police report. Helped me locate the consulate where I could report a lost passport & notify airline. They we're closed indefinitely. Went to the airport early on the day of flight, sat in the airline's office, called Mexico customs who had no problem letting me leave the country. Upon entering the US I was questioned at length by US Customs & Border Control. Quite an adventure & stress for me...a lot of worrying and panic for nothing, really. But $300 cash gone, drivers license, dive certs, etc. Not fun. Lessons learned!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom