Hi!! From a Whales Vagina..i mean San Diego

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Myke green

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello new Diver in San Diego, 7 dives as of today OW cert and working on AOW cert currently

Big Welcome to the board.

Welcome to the 'board and to the underwater world.
Please feel free to drop on down to our local forum here: SoCal

Hi Myke!

San Diego is a great spot for us divers! If you are looking for more info on shore diving, the San Diego Council of divers will soon be starting it's annual Rocks, Rips, Reefs series. These will give you a much better sense of some of the more popular local shore diving spots and how to go about it safely. Alternatively, there are two volumes that go into a lot of great detail about the La Jolla Cove/Shores area, the first is widely available through the San Diego County library system (the second one not so much).

Power Scuba is a huge scuba group based here, and they frequently charter local dive boats at no-profit prices, so normally $30-$50 off public facing prices. They also host many shore dives and other events. They are currently doing a computer group buy (this one is entry and mid-tier models) so if you are interested that might be of use. They also host free reef.org courses, which help you ID local plants/animals/invertebrates/ etc.

Our two big local charter companies are Marissa and Waterhorse . Local destinations are wreck alley, point loma kelp beds, and Los Coronados (you will need a valid US passport for this one).

If you are looking to dive on Catalina Island's scuba park, there is a small rental outfit right at the park or if bring your own gear you can pay a porter a small fee and they will take it over for you. Scuba gear is permitted on the big Catalina ferry boats.

Most of the other big boats that do some of the other cool destinations in the local area leave out of San Pedro, Ventura, or Santa Barbara. This thread was about the channel islands but these same boats will do some of the other cool spots.

Hi Myke!

If you are looking to dive on Catalina Island's scuba park, there is a small rental outfit right at the park or if bring your own gear you can pay a porter a small fee and they will take it over for you. Scuba gear is permitted on the big Catalina ferry boats.

UOTE]
I think you can catch catalina express from dana point. closest departure point to san diego

Hmmm... San Diego. I was only there in the Navy for schools, and it’s all a foggy haze at rhis point. I think once I went out with a lady named Cammie, who I fhink turned out to be Cameron Diaz. Lotta good in diving in San Diego, although equalizing in the winter got gnarly. The ladies were a LOT better.
Sundays in Mission Bay were pretty good, but hog calls at MCRD and the then-NAS Miramar were awesome.
Have fun there...t

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom