Deep 6 regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

306dive306

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi guys.

I'm just curious regarding Deep6 regulators. To those of you who have owned them for a while I ask:

a) When comparing them to Apeks XTX50 or ScubaPro, how's the WOB?

b) Is maintenance cheaper or the same?

c) are they as safe as Apeks XTX50 or ScubaPro?

I thank you in advance for your help. Cheers!

WOB depends on how they are tuned or detuned. You probably wouldn’t be able to tell them apart if they were tuned equally.

The cost of service is probably going to be less because they sell the rebuild kits and you can do it yourself or send it back to them and they will do it free the first time I think.

They are perfectly safe regulators as long as you take care of them. They are a sensitive piece of fine tuned equipment, if you take care of them they will take care of you.

I have multiple scuba pro mk10 g250 and don’t notice a difference in the WOB between them and the deep6.

Without a doubt the deep6 is the most cost effective to service. The service interval is better and the first service is free if sent into deep6. Not to mention they are the only company to make a service manual available to the end user.

I switch between the Deep6 and Atomic for the last few years and they both breathe extremely well. I am hard pressed to notice any difference. Both have a nice venturi effect which I find pleasant.

Don't know about the service cost yet as they just came back from the first service.

They are as safe as any other regulator.

Awhile ago i tried them. I was loaned a set and gave them a few outings in challenging conditions. My thread is here

The summary is, I felt SUBJECTIVELY that they didn't feel as nice to breath as my normal regs

However my normal regs - the AL legend Lux Supreme is regarded (by Deep six) as one of the best regs. In the US (at least) it's 3 x the price of the D6

As a reg the D6 is good - especially for the price

I still wouldn't' buy one because I don't like the larger diameter (I dive in big currents) and the benefits of ownership in the US don't apply here. Also in my area an Apex XTX50 is the same of slightly cheaper than the D6. Obviously not so in the USA

I wouldn't' hesitate to recommend them though

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom