DUI G2 zip seal difference

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tc_rain

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Since this got no activity under the DUI section I thought I would post it here to see if it helps.

Since the G2 zipseal has been out a while, I thought I would get some opinions on it. Does the extra 1.25" really make that much of a difference? I feel like I really have to battle mine to get my head out of it and have been considering the upgrade. I just wanted some opinions as to whether it made a noticeable difference to them or not.

Hi tc_rain,

I saw your post in the DUI forum and was wondering if anyone was going to respond.

A couple things you could try (and perhaps you have already tried these)....

Make sure that the seal is horizontal....straight and not tilting in the front or back. If the ring is tilted it makes it smaller.

Make sure that you keep your fingers out of the ring.

Those two things sound very simplistic... and they can make a difference.

The diameter opening of the G2 rings is substantially larger. However with DUI's current situation I'm not sure I would invest in an upgrade.

I was unaware of any situation. Can you expand on this (if you feel it's appropriate)?

@tc_rain
I recently bought a nice new DUI TLS350 drysuit. No issues here other than they took about an extra week to make and ship it to me up in Canada.
I found that they were very quick to reply to my questions when I emailed them direct at support@divedui.com . It is likely a better approach than a forum. I know they monitor the forum but to be fair we should keep in mind this is a busy time of year for scuba gear companies.

I was unaware of any situation. Can you expand on this (if you feel it's appropriate)?

I posted in the DUI forum last summer 'It's the end of a 'Long'Run' It's the end of a 'Long' Run -

I'm not sure they monitor the forum ...as I don't see any reply. It could be that it's just not on their radar since the turnover in staff is high.

Whatever grand plan Dick had for DUI it is not turning out well. Additional expenses and challenging times in the diving industry are not helping things either.

I posted in the DUI forum last summer 'It's the end of a 'Long'Run' It's the end of a 'Long' Run -

I'm not sure they monitor the forum ...as I don't see any reply. It could be that it's just not on their radar since the turnover in staff is high.

Whatever grand plan Dick had for DUI it is not turning out well. Additional expenses and challenging times in the diving industry are not helping things either.

So sorry to hear this. I really like my TLS 350 and couldn't think of another suit that I would want to have in its place. I hope things turn around. I believe DUI set the standard when I bought my suit and that was the reason for my purchase. Since owning it I had one repair on the suit and an alteration (shortening of the sleeves). These went flawlessly and had a quick turn around time. I couldn't have been happier.

Back
Top Bottom