Rainbow Reef Dive Center buys Ocean Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mselenaous

Island girl
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Key Largo, FL... Dive Capital of the World
# of dives
I just don't log dives
More changes happening in Key Largo. It was officially announced yesterday that Rainbow Reef Dive Center is buying Ocean Divers. They will maintain operations on both sides of the canal running 5 boats from the dive center behind the Courtyard Hotel and 3 boats from the dive center next to the Marina del Mar.

We have 8 dives booked with them in September so can’t wait!

Ocean divers has had 2 of their boats for sale for sometime as well. One island hopper and one newton. This woukd explain the sale.

Just wow. If they weren't the biggest op in Florida before, they certainly are now. Good Job to TJ and the crew!

Elena: I thought Ocean Diver's was owned by Divers Direct (I think they own the operation in the Marriott too). Do I remember wrong? If I'm right, are they just sticking to retail stores in the future and not dive boats?

Wow, look forward to see their offerings

What do you mean? I've dived with both of them and they go to all the same sites, except that Ocean Divers offers a 3 wreck trek. They already cover everything worth diving within their typical range.

They'll probably repaint those pretty Ocean Divers boats (too bad!) so they all look the same and just keep right on doing what they've been doing all along, although as competition is eliminated prices typically go up.

Elena: I thought Ocean Diver's was owned by Divers Direct (I think they own the operation in the Marriott too). Do I remember wrong? If I'm right, are they just sticking to retail stores in the future and not dive boats?
Divers Direct is selling their ownership of Ocean Divers. I also heard Divers Direct also has a buyer (not RRDC) for the dive op at the Marriott Beach Resort (formerly Pirate Island/ It's a Dive). Divers Direct purchased both of these operations in 2015.

Ocean divers has had 2 of their boats for sale for sometime as well. One island hopper and one newton. This woukd explain the sale.
These I believe are the old boats they replaced with new boats.

What do you mean? I've dived with both of them and they go to all the same sites, except that Ocean Divers offers a 3 wreck trek. They already cover everything worth diving within their typical range.

They'll probably repaint those pretty Ocean Divers boats (too bad!) so they all look the same and just keep right on doing what they've been doing all along, although as competition is eliminated prices typically go up.
I'm hoping for more, and more frequent, advanced dives, doubles on the wrecks, deep drifts...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom