Shearwater Desktop fields

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most dive computer manufacturer software is horrible. Shearwater desktop is already one of the best manufacturer created options, if they can hire a good UX designer for Shearwater Cloud they'll get a lot of new customers.

MacDive is one of the best Dive Log programs that gets better and better every day.

With my Perdix AI, I initially used Shearwater Desktop and the android app. I soon replaced both with Subsurface. Shearwater cloud is nice too but not as feature rich and intuitive as Subsurface.
Subsurface is about as good as it gets for free.
It offers what you asked for in your first post and it synchronizes.
I can upload direct from Perdix to Smartphone or Perdix to PC. I still need to use the Shearwater LE BT dongle with my old PC, running Win10. But it works well.

It would be great if some day Shearwater could catch up to apps like Subsurface but until then i'm glad if they focus on making great Dive Computers. That's what is most important.

To be honest I fill 10% of the available fields of the software... so I find the Shearwater Cloud much more immediate and intuitive, but I agree.. if you're deep into post-dive stuff, you may want to analyze more data.
It looks like they are working constantly on it, so hopefully it'll be quite comprehensive one day.

Back
Top Bottom