Shearwater Desktop fields

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheScream

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Just started using my Perdix AI and I'm loving it. Came to download my records to Shearwater Desktop and found that it was a bit lacking. I'd like to be able to record which equipment was used and especially which wetsuit/drysuit with what weight for reference. As my diving could vary from a water temperature of 28°C to 12°C in any year, it would be very helpful to be able to search and find which combination of weight and exposure protection was used, if I was cold or comfortable and what the water temperature. Is that a feature which could be added in future?

Use DiveLog on an iOS device. It does a proper job of buddies, kit, site etc rather than just keeping a bunch of text.

Use DiveLog on an iOS device. It does a proper job of buddies, kit, site etc rather than just keeping a bunch of text.
I don't own an iOS device unfortunately. Thanks for the suggestion though.

You can add that information in Subsurface as well, it has a desktop and android version, connected by a cloud service. I like the planning function on the desktop version very much.

For my weights, I use an excel sheet though. I have now 18 different configurations, depending on drysuit or wetsuit, tanks, undergarment, travelling,..

You can add that information in Subsurface as well, it has a desktop and android version, connected by a cloud service. I like the planning function on the desktop version very much.

For my weights, I use an excel sheet though. I have now 18 different configurations, depending on drysuit or wetsuit, tanks, undergarment, travelling,..
Thanks, I'd never heard of Subsurface before.

U sure you're using the latest Shearwater Cloud Desktop? There's no sense to use the old Desktop (not cloud) version, since now you can share the dives between different devices since they are stored both locally and synched online.

It provides several fields from Environment to Gear and Dive Problems/Info including Thermal Comfort options.

upload_2018-5-8_11-0-8.png

upload_2018-5-8_11-1-59.png

Doesn't work on my desktop (Win7), so I use Subsurface. Much more options as well

(though I like the team of Shearwater very much, great guys!)

U sure you're using the latest Shearwater Cloud Desktop? There's no sense to use the old Desktop (not cloud) version, since now you can share the dives between different devices since they are stored both locally and synched online.

It provides several fields from Environment to Gear and Dive Problems/Info including Thermal Comfort options.

Shearwater Cloud is beta and seemed like it wasn't feature complete. Certainly looks like it has potential with some polish and features.

Hopefully the Shearwater Cloud program will continue to progress beyond Beta, becoming more feature rich. Truth be told, Subsurface has been my preferred option.

I find Subsurface less "immediate".. it has a lot of stuff, but I like to upload all my stuff on my phone and review it at home with a single click. I also don't like the fact that it doesn't keep the dive numeration of my Perdix, it uses its own dive progression and you have to change the dive number ... or maybe there's an option to keep the original dive number somewhere.
What I miss in the Shearwater app is the locations management (there's none), I would love to have a map like in subsurface.

Back
Top Bottom