Apeks Tec 3 country of origin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grey Goose

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, Does anyone know definitively the country in which the Tec 3 is manufactured. I’d assume the UK but saw something referencing France for this brand? Anyone?

I’m not a 100% about the Tec 3’s but most regs are made in Taiwan.

Apeks machines and finishes all regs just north of Manchester in Blackburn England as they have since they started. One of the few left other than Sherwood, Poseidon, and Atomic that do all their work in house. Atomic does only does metal parts in house though, plastics come from a partner because injection molding equipment is stupid expensive especially since they would require new air permits since they're in California.
Obviously things like o-rings, seats etc. come in from elsewhere, but Apeks has injection molding, machining, and finishing in house. Incidentally you can actually see a Tek3 body coming out of the mill around 1:30

Last edited:
Apeks is part of the Aqua Lung group and manufactures parts for that brand too. Maybe some of the paperwork originates at HQ in France but the Apeks factory is in Blackburn, Lancashire, UK

Apeks machines and finishes all regs just north of Manchester in Blackburn England as they have since they started. One of the few left other than Sherwood, Poseidon, and Atomic that do all their work in house. Obviously things like o-rings, seats etc. come in from elsewhere, but they have injection molding, machining, and finishing in house. Incidentally you can actually see a Tek3 body coming out of the mill around 1:30

Great post tbone1004-very informative.

Quite labour intensive and given the high labour cost in UK. It is obvious that the finished products would not be cheap.
I would rather have Apeks made in Blackburn and pay the premium than in some 3rd world country eg china.
My 20yrs old DS4/TX50 is a testament to quality and reliability.

Apeks exclusively manufacture their regulators in the UK. They are part of the Aqualung group though and Aqualung brand regulators are mainly made in France.

In the UK, due to highly-competitive pricing by internet retailers and less-than-forceful price maintenance policies by Aqualung, Apeks regulators are some of the cheapest on the market.

Apeks manufacture their regs as stated above, in Blackburn, Lancashire, but what is also of note is that they machine most of their components themselves as well, or at high quality factories in Germany.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom