Post-Surgery: Advice for Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We just got back home from the trip. Diana did great! Her confidence has been fully restored. We stayed at Coral Paradise Resort and they were great. We dove with Dive Friends Bonaire (Sand Dollar) and we were able to use the dock for entry/exit. We did a refresher course with them and it was very worthwhile. The staff were very helpful (some more so than others) and once she was in the water it had all come back to her. Her knee held up very well, and we got a total of 10 dives in, including a night dive - at her request!

We did 3 reef dives on Bari, which was beautiful, but the main thing was just to work on skills, emergency procedures, and confidence building. Saw the biggest moray eel I've ever seen - I guessed it to be between 12-15' long (difficult to appreciate the size looking at the video). Here's the video of it: Dropbox - Giant Moray Eel.mp4

Anyways very happy and relieved that she's back into it.

Here you go- Taken from Den Laman FB page:

View attachment 446285

Here is their comment:
It took a lot longer than expected, but with great, great pleasure we can announce that our pier is ready again after an intensive renovation!
Enjoy your weekend!

They have added benches down the center of the pier - really nice ones - and also a set of motion-activated lights. There are two sets if benches, with tables on each end. They really did a wonderful job on the pier.

Here you go- Taken from Den Laman FB page:

View attachment 446285

Here is their comment:
It took a lot longer than expected, but with great, great pleasure we can announce that our pier is ready again after an intensive renovation!
Enjoy your weekend!
Thanks Greg, don't know how I missed this 2 1/2 months ago, nice looking pier. I can't wait to try it out in August. On my way to Galapagos today :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom