Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a working bulb and ballast, but its not worth the heartbreak....

Ok...no replacement bulbs. It's off the market and heading for the trash. Good job Halcyon.

Ok...no replacement bulbs. It's off the market and heading for the trash. Good job Halcyon.

The canister and battery could still be used for an LED conversion.

As for the bulb, that was the industry response to LED proliferation, not a Halcyon decision.

It's gone...sad...but gone. We have lots of lights so no need to "convert". I understand the LED migration...not asking Halcyon to keep selling these, just SUPPORT what they sell.
PS...don't worry, I still love Halcyon...

Diverite used them too, and others. That was the best thing available for a while. No knock on Halcyon or DiveRite etc...

While you're at it, your Brightestar remote ballasts in some Light Monkey lights are also discontinued.

The canister and battery could still be used for an LED conversion.

As for the bulb, that was the industry response to LED proliferation, not a Halcyon decision.
Do you know anyone that does this kind of conversion. I may be interested in dooing it if the price is right...or sell them the parts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom