Senior Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

we certainly have "older" divers here in Southeast Florida! Check in with the Vero Beach Scuba Club on Facebook looking for a buddy or group (we have a bunch of "experienced" divers).

Also, I work for Stuart Scuba (www.stuartscuba.com). We have quite the following of "mature" divers (including myself and one of the other owners being over 60).

Blue Heron Bridge is a nice easy shore dive. There is a large parking lot right next to the beach. Because of the large bridge overhead there is often shade. Best of all there is no surface swim. Dive area in along the beach area and you just go in and start looking for critters.

Welcome, Not sure where the line is when you become a senior diver, but our group is, let's say, experienced. Going out of you way for a beach dive is always crap shoot. I strongly suggest a boat dive. Really doesn't matter which one, the cattle boats in theses parts are all very similar. Recreational boaters have the advantage of not having to rely on schedules and being able to pick their dive spots. And of course dropping the hook in Lake Boca for refreshments after diving. Hope you are able to find a good group.

I'm in the Boca Delray area, have my own boat.... I would like to join your group!

I'm an older diver too interested in finding buddies as well. I'm not a fan of shore dives because of the sand in my gear, the car, you get it. I moved from the caribbean last year and now in SW Florida so driving is necessary from where I live.
I will have another lady with me for these dives and prefers the "full assist" treatment. It is nice! Right now we're open as to where/how we dive. It will probably be between Apr. 27-29th. We should start a "senior" dive group!!

I'm in the Boca Delray area, have my own boat.... I would like to join your group!
I think we need to form a group... SENIOR DIVERS!! May have to go to MeetUp.com and get that going.

There is the Villages dive club and they do travel to South Florida and the Keys .
Good luck and Safe diving !
Sea Dwellers

That's awesome! Thank you. Oh, please don't plan a dive on my account. If you happen to do so, and, as I asked, you don't mind a tag-along, I'd be grateful to join.
What? Don't plan a dive on your account?
No, No, No.
Plan a dive cause you are coming is a great excuse to get wet!
"Of course I can't come into work today/clean the house/do the laundry/mow the grass/do that projecct..., I have a friend in town who is looking to dive!"

Another senior diver checking in. Gosh did I just say that? I might one of the younger ones here though.. and love to beach dive!

What? Don't plan a dive on your account?
No, No, No.
Plan a dive cause you are coming is a great excuse to get wet!
"Of course I can't come into work today/clean the house/do the laundry/mow the grass/do that projecct..., I have a friend in town who is looking to dive!"

Another senior diver checking in. Gosh did I just say that? I might one of the younger ones here though.. and love to beach dive!

Jenny, if you're a senior, I'm going to be walking around depressed all day...

Sorry buddy.. According to AARP, I'm a senior. I just refuse to act my age...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom