Senior Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

penngrad

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'd love to find a group of senior divers I could hook up with when I make it down to FL. Currently residing in (cold) N. Indiana but we have a house in Lee Co. which we will move to when I retire. Don't get me wrong. I've always had a great time with all the divers -all ages, but we seniors sometimes take a bit longer to do things, prefer not to have to haul our gear across a 2 block beach to reach the shore dive then get left behind as the younger and more fit divers are already half way through the 100 yard surface swim. LOL!

I'm not at all apposed to driving a few hours or more to meet up for a dive with friends.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Scuba Granny

Howdy and welcome to southeast florida...There are a lot of senior divers in south florida including myself....there are boat dives and even places such as lauderdale by the sea that has parking spaces close to the shore...everything is ready for you when you get here...so come on down and enjoy the scuba diving lifestyle.

Thanks, iamrushman,. I actually will be down Apr. 23rd through the 29th and would love to do a beach dive. I see that Gold Coast SCUBA does a morning shore dive a few times a week. Any seniors going to any of these that I could buddy up with?

Great Penngrad....i only use gold coast for last minute air fills or small items. it is a good operation and yes they have beach dives periodically.. I'm not sure of the age group that go on their schedule dive outings....the beach dives are usually in lauderdale by the sea. some portals (datura ave) have parking spaces close to the beach dive site...( get there early, it's public paid parking)...you can find some info on their meet-up page....my dive buddies and I are weekend divers and weekday workers...i will follow this thread to see how your progress goes.

Thanks! If you don't mind a tag along, I'd be interested in a weekend dive, possibly? I understand the work "business". I'm still working also. Hubby's been retired for 3 years. I plan on retiring hopefully within a year or less.

it's a little early to set up anything right now......lets monitor the weather and the ocean condition for that weekend.....

this is the lauderdale by the sea windjammer ocean cam.

Windjammer Web Cam - Lauderdale-By-The-Sea Beach Cam

That's awesome! Thank you. Oh, please don't plan a dive on my account. If you happen to do so, and, as I asked, you don't mind a tag-along, I'd be grateful to join.

Welcome, Not sure where the line is when you become a senior diver, but our group is, let's say, experienced. Going out of you way for a beach dive is always crap shoot. I strongly suggest a boat dive. Really doesn't matter which one, the cattle boats in theses parts are all very similar. Recreational boaters have the advantage of not having to rely on schedules and being able to pick their dive spots. And of course dropping the hook in Lake Boca for refreshments after diving. Hope you are able to find a good group.

I'm an older diver too interested in finding buddies as well. I'm not a fan of shore dives because of the sand in my gear, the car, you get it. I moved from the caribbean last year and now in SW Florida so driving is necessary from where I live.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom