Cheapskate drive&dive in South Florida?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's not really what you were asking, but since @KathyV brought it up...:) big +1 for the Juliet. Wife and I did St. Croix with them this past winter and had a blast. Great crew! I'm looking at their Miami/Bahamas run for next summer (would have gone this summer, but already had plans).

One more quick thought..... Ultimate Getaway out of Ft Meyers runs an inexpensive 3 day live aboard to the Dry Tortugas. They do a lot of spearfishing trips but have occasional photo and sight seeing trips: check their calendar on the website. I did a sight seeing trip a few years ago and had a blast

I had been thinking about doing a second trip with UG but decided on the Juliet since it fit my schedule better

Last edited:
One more quick thought..... Ultimate Getaway out of Ft Meyers runs an inexpensive 3 day live aboard to the Dry Tortugas. They do a lot of spearfishing trips but have occasional photo and sight seeing trips: check their calendar on the website. I did a sight seeing trip a few years ago and had a blast

I had been thinking about doing a second trip with UG but decided on the Juliet since it fit my schedule better

Thanks! I wasn't even aware of this operation.

My wife and I run a Tec BnB in the summer - Air BnB plus technical diver training - based out of South Miami. We commute dive to Key Largo all the time. Our link is:

tecbnb Summer 2018

I just got back from a week long Key Largo trip. I stayed in Florida City/Homestead at the Travelodge for $56 a Night. It was a good hotel room in the sense it was a safe and clean place to sleep. 25-30minute drive to Key Largo from there but $56 vs $120-200 a night in Key Largo so I didn't mind the drive every day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom