Petite female bcd..From Back inflate to ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would not get a Zuma, flimsy and my friend did not like hers, had venting issues. Wd not go for Halcyon as my friends did not like them. I am getting a LOT of feedback such as - my current one has too much lift, something to avoid next time , ruling out the Litehawk, and that scubaboard has a huge dss fan club. Leaning toward at least considering the transpac which sounds like a good mix of features.

We have the Transpac XTs with 25lbs Travel XT wings. We bought it as our first bcds after about 30 dives. We chose it because it was a hybrid. We have not learned to like it yet. It’s fiddly and “work intensive” like a bp/w but to a lesser extent. Getting it to fit just right takes some work. It requires weight pockets (16 QR weight pockets included in my package, but tank weight pockets were extra). We also need storage pockets which are also extra. It’s heavier than we like for air travel - it’s just under 8lbs. I’m a 5’4” average build female. It’s built like a tank though so that’s great if you dive lots.

We went out and impulse bought Oceanic Biolite bcds for our most recent trip. It was so easy, like night and day. Light too, just around 5 lbs. Needless to say, we kinda fell in love with the Biolite for our diving style.

We’re going to give the Transpac a chance to redeem itself on our next liveaboard trip. If we still haven’t learned to love it after that, we will be selling it.

We have the Transpac XTs with 25lbs Travel XT wings. We bought it as our first bcds after about 30 dives. We chose it because it was a hybrid. We have not learned to like it yet. It’s fiddly and “work intensive” like a bp/w but to a lesser extent. Getting it to fit just right takes some work. It requires weight pockets (16 QR weight pockets included in my package, but tank weight pockets were extra). We also need storage pockets which are also extra. It’s heavier than we like for air travel - it’s just under 8lbs. I’m a 5’4” average build female. It’s built like a tank though so that’s great if you dive lots.

We went out and impulse bought Oceanic Biolite bcds for our most recent trip. It was so easy, like night and day. Light too, just around 5 lbs. Needless to say, we kinda fell in love with the Biolite for our diving style.

We’re going to give the Transpac a chance to redeem itself on our next liveaboard trip. If we still haven’t learned to love it after that, we will be selling it.
Both of those look great though.

The tec harnesses look great, so streamlined and smooth... BUT then you add big weight pockets to them, and then you need storage pockets, and you’re running out of room so things are clipped outside, but they dangle so you try to bungee them, or maybe a retractor, and pretty soon that sleek tech harness is a bulky mess of stuffed on additions. I wish mine had more pocket space, thinking of getting pocket shorts.

The tec harnesses look great, so streamlined and smooth... BUT then you add big weight pockets to them, and then you need storage pockets, and you’re running out of room so things are clipped outside, but they dangle so you try to bungee them, or maybe a retractor, and pretty soon that sleek tech harness is a bulky mess of stuffed on additions. I wish mine had more pocket space, thinking of getting pocket shorts.

You read my mind. Same experience with my tech-oriented bcd. Adding all those extra accessories has made the system horribly expensive and pockets and accessories clipped/bungeed everywhere. Wondering if I should sell the whole thing and (God forbid) buy a jacket bcd with pockets! Lol.

All jacket BCDs I used had almost unusable pockets (all round inflate type). Cinch it down, put any air in and those pockets are practically welded shut.

I have two small weight pockets on mine, in one i put my camera and in the other one i put my gloves and SMB/spool.
I don't need so much more equipment. What more do you need to carry?

I use a SS backplate and use either a molded weight on the BP or a weight belt, i use 2 to 3 kg weights when diving in a wetsuite so it is not a big hassle with the belt, but a molded 2,5kg weight is nice.

I use a Zuma travelling and have no real complaints.

Im looking at transitioning too and have found this to be the smallest most comfortable for me system but am waiting for the teenage version to come out (im tiny) before purchasing

Peanut 21 Ladies Edition - Tecline Australia

Before purchasing I would dive it first. At 46 lbs of lift it has more lift than any single tank wing I am aware of, most stop at 40 lbs. Also short wide wings will wrap themselves around a tank (called "tacoing"). This is because air will rise in the water column because it is less dense. This will cause a problem with venting, because the air is higher in the wing than the openings for the vents, consequentially no air will be released. So to vent you will need to break trim, either head-down butt-up and use the rear dump or head-up butt-down and use the inflator hose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom