Blue Hole Dive Q

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've done the BH three times, all from Turneffe Island Lodge/Resort. Lunch on Half Moon Caye with the Boobies. Fantastic place. We always dove The Aquarium site after lunch. Appropriately named and a great dive. I don't remember the name of the other site but it was somewhere in the area around Long Caye on the way back.

The 2 dives following the Blue Hole were wonderful. We did The Playground and Aquarium, with lunch at Half Moon Cay and checking out the birds, but as said above, the Lighthouse Reef area in general is just great. We stayed at Blackbird Cay just a few weeks ago.
IMG_3702-2.jpg

The 2 dives following the Blue Hole were wonderful. We did The Playground and Aquarium, with lunch at Half Moon Cay and checking out the birds, but as said above, the Lighthouse Reef area in general is just great. We stayed at Blackbird Cay just a few weeks ago.

Nice! Could you post a trip report when you have time? I haven't seen a TR from Blackbird Caye Resort here in years.

I have seen many people refer to the other two dives that you get to do on the Blue hole trip being what makes it worth it. What are the other two sites everyone is referring to? I am going from Caulker rather than Ambergris, and want to make sure I can get the same sites in.

Spend some time looking at the hole on youtube..it is a long expensive boat ride to find out you found the hole boring like some do.

Spend some time looking at the hole on youtube..it is a long expensive boat ride to find out you found the hole boring like some do.
I led a group trip to Belize on behalf of a dive shop years ago. My feeling from a previous trip had been the same--long trip followed by a boring dive made OK--but just OK--by the bird sanctuary and the other dives there. Most of our diving had been pre-planned, but we had options for longer excursions. When we sat down to plan, I was just about to give my mostly negative opinion of the Blue Hole trip when someone else talked it up like it would be a life-altering experience. I kept my opinion to myself, and the group elected to take that trip.

At the end of our stay, I surveyed the group on their overall experience. The majority (by far) of the group selected the Blue Hole dive as the highlight of the week.

So, I guess it's a case of different strokes for different folks.

I led a group trip to Belize on behalf of a dive shop years ago. My feeling from a previous trip had been the same--long trip followed by a boring dive made OK--but just OK--by the bird sanctuary and the other dives there. Most of our diving had been pre-planned, but we had options for longer excursions. When we sat down to plan, I was just about to give my mostly negative opinion of the Blue Hole trip when someone else talked it up like it would be a life-altering experience. I kept my opinion to myself, and the group elected to take that trip.

At the end of our stay, I surveyed the group on their overall experience. The majority (by far) of the group selected the Blue Hole dive as the highlight of the week.

So, I guess it's a case of different strokes for different folks.

Like I said...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom