Sub gravity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubacody

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I’m looking for a DPV and looking at the Reference RS, was wondering if I could get some comments from people that own one. Any problems with it or how is fiber tube holding up. Thanks

I have one, have had it for about a year. Mostly boat dives, some beach and its holding up perfectly. The carbon fiber tube is still in perfect condition excluding a letter or two scratching off (cosmetic). The scooter is faster than anything else I have used, and if you want it to be slower than anything I have ever used. Great for wanting to just sit still over a spot in a slow current or going as "swim speed" without having to kick.

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask and I will try to answer.

I have one, have had it for about a year. Mostly boat dives, some beach and its holding up perfectly. The carbon fiber tube is still in perfect condition excluding a letter or two scratching off (cosmetic). The scooter is faster than anything else I have used, and if you want it to be slower than anything I have ever used. Great for wanting to just sit still over a spot in a slow current or going as "swim speed" without having to kick.

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask and I will try to answer.
Thanks for the info, I do mostly Lake diving and some trips to California for boat trips. I've used my buddy's cuda 400 but really like the sub gravity. Do you have the compass and gauge they sell ?

Full Disclosure: I'm a dealer for Sub-Gravity.

The reference is an excellent DPV. Like the previous poster said, faster than mostly anything out there and with the variable speed can be just as slow as you need. The run times are fantastic for a DPV in it's size and weight range and it's very comfortable to ride for long periods.

I don't personally own a unit but use them regularly as part of demos and courses. I have a couple of customers that are using them for wreck diving off of a boat and they are very happy with them.

the compass and gauge can be added as an option when ordering, I've also sold a unit with the RIS system but I believe that it is discontinued. If you have any questions please don't hesitate asking.

I do not have the compass or gauge, I dive a CCR with a NERD so don't need stuff on the scooter. I do mostly boat diving in California with a few lake dives in Vegas and it works great, the weights are easy enough to change and I don't have to worry about charging it over several dives (and some times trips)

Full Disclosure: I'm a dealer for Sub-Gravity.

The reference is an excellent DPV. Like the previous poster said, faster than mostly anything out there and with the variable speed can be just as slow as you need. The run times are fantastic for a DPV in it's size and weight range and it's very comfortable to ride for long periods.

I don't personally own a unit but use them regularly as part of demos and courses. I have a couple of customers that are using them for wreck diving off of a boat and they are very happy with them.

the compass and gauge can be added as an option when ordering, I've also sold a unit with the RIS system but I believe that it is discontinued. If you have any questions please don't hesitate asking.
I read some old posts that the body has a seam and is oval is this still true. Thanks

I think the body is a bit oval, so you can't put it on the wrong way. If you just look at the body its self its not enough to notice, but it as least oval enough where it will not spin around the body.

As far as the seam, I think i have seen one, but never gave it much thought. I know there is a lot of worries about the durability of the carbon fiber but Subgravity is one of the better companies I have ever interacted with in terms of customer service, so if they say the scooter will hold up, I trust them...or at least trust them to take care of any issues I may have.

Yeah, so you can actually put the body on the wrong way... ask me how I know. I'll admit I never noticed it being oval, seems pretty circular to me, but I have never taken out a scientific tool to tell.

I think the body is a bit oval, so you can't put it on the wrong way. If you just look at the body its self its not enough to notice, but it as least oval enough where it will not spin around the body.

As far as the seam, I think i have seen one, but never gave it much thought. I know there is a lot of worries about the durability of the carbon fiber but Subgravity is one of the better companies I have ever interacted with in terms of customer service, so if they say the scooter will hold up, I trust them...or at least trust them to take care of any issues I may have.
Got it today, can’t wait to take it

Got it last night can’t wait to use it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom