ScubaBoard Fool's Spring Megadive 2018

What's your favorite kind of Megadive, the Spring or Fall event?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trying to see if Mrs Flush and myself can make it down for this. Have a question for the knowerabouters. If we can make it we would have to come in Friday evening. How big of a pain in the rear would it be to roll in at 9 or 10 that night and find where we needed to set up our tent/homestead? It was also mentioned that the on site dive shop is a madhouse first thing in the morning. Is there a way to pay ahead of arrival time so that problem is circumvented?

Trying to see if Mrs Flush and myself can make it down for this. Have a question for the knowerabouters. If we can make it we would have to come in Friday evening. How big of a pain in the rear would it be to roll in at 9 or 10 that night and find where we needed to set up our tent/homestead?

When we used to drive down from TN, we would often arrive at midnight or later. It's not too bad setting up then. There will still be plenty of room, along with some friendly folks willing to hold lanterns or help you set up the homestead. If you can print out the waivers/forms in advance, it will also save you a little time or hassle in the mornings. We really never found the dive shop to be too much trouble in the mornings, but if you have to get fills or gear, it might be. Hope to see you in a few weeks! :D

Flushes... Yes what June said. Make sure u bring lights is what I was going to say but plenty of us will be happy to help and I did get a fill on Saturday last time and was not bad. Just make sure if never have gone before u may want to take a quick dive in on Saturday before u actually do the galaxy to check out the ballroom.

Hope u all can make it!!

Awesome, thank you for the heads up. I figured we would just bring four filled tanks which would cover us for diving Saturday morning then get them refilled later that morning/early afternoon to cover late afternoon/evening.

Updated Megadiver's Attending and Food List
Post that your attending, any guests with you, what you would like to bring,
and if you can help out with some of the chores it would be appreciated.
I'll add your name to the list at the end of the week.
Hope this helps! :)

Cardzard (Dennis) and Roxanne - A cooler full of water, diet and diet sodas for the group dinner. Then for brkft, 18ct eggs, precooked bacon, sausage and ham, and some asst veggies for the omelets. And last but not least, Glow sticks for the galaxy dive.
The Chairman (Pete)
jsisemore, Cownose Rachel, and Chris of the Abyss (June, Rachel and Chris) - We'll be bringing eggs, diced ham, cheese and other omelet fixins, tiki torches and fuel.
kelemvor and JLSweat27 (Aaron and Jennifer) - Put us down for plastic silverware, plates, napkins.
The Chairman -
Jay G and moondog75 (Jay and Monica) - Put us down for Sausages and 2 bags of charcoal for Saturday night and bacon and cheese for breakfast
Scuba_Jenny (Jenny) -
J322Y and friend - I can also bring plastic silverware, plates, napkins, and cups.
mermaid0sea (Mara) - I am thinking of making cake pops that look like the galaxy. Oh and yes... Cheer wagon will be there.
solo gato -
DMDavid (David) Count me in for bottled water some Pepsi products and hot dogs.
Bobby and Sheila - 5 dozen eggs.and dessert.
UCF SCUBA will be bringing lots of eggs, chopped veggies for breakfast, cheese for breakfast, Bubba Burgers and buns for dinner, cookies, and chips!
Joystershell (Joyce) - 18 count of eggs and some MegaMuffins for breakfast. And burgers for Saturday night.

For those who always ask what to bring. Here are some ideas...
Meat items for the grill
(We're trying to keep it simple so it doesn't take forever to cook for the group)
(Please keep it to Hamburgers, hot dogs, brats, chicken breast and premade items like pulled beef/pork, meatballs, and shish kabobs. If you have something else you were thinking about and want to cook that yourself, that's great! Some have brought fryers or smokers and added to the meat items that way.) Don't forget the buns for items like hamburgers and hot dogs.
Eggs
(We never seem to have enough.)
Items for the omelets (additional meats, peppers, mushrooms, onions, olives, salsa, wraps, cheese, etc.)
Items for Breakfast (Juices, fruit, muffins, coffee, creamer, etc.)
Charcoal (self-starting)
Condiments (cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, ketchup, mustard, mayo, relish, BBQ sauce etc.)
Paper towels and napkins
Heavy-duty Paper Plates
(no Styrofoam please) and dessert plates.
Plastic silverware
Bottled water
Side dishes
(casseroles, baked beans, potato salad, macaroni salad, cole slaw, chips and dips/salsa, fruit salad, green salads w/dressing, veggie tray w/dip, etc.)
Deserts (Oh please don't forget the deserts!)
Tiki torches and fuel (for around the fire)
FIREWOOD FOR THE CAMPFIRE (Any amount would be appreciated!)

We also need volunteers to help out during meals for the weekend. THANKS!!!!

If we all pitch in and take a task, it makes for a fun weekend for everyone.
Sat. Breakfast -
Cook - scubafool
Food Prep and set up (2-3) UCF Scuba
Egg cracker (1-2) jsisemore, Cownose Rachel
Clean up (2) UCF Scuba
Sat. Dinner -

Cook (2-3) - Roxanne, J322Y
Tables and food set up (2)
Clean up (2-3) Joystershell
Sun. Breakfast -

Cook - scubafool
Food Prep and set up (2)
Egg cracker (1-2)
Clean up (1-2)

If someone needs ICE on the way in,
there is a self-serve ICE machine when you leave High Springs
to turn on the road to go to Ginnie.
In addition to Ginnie's Springs store and dive shop,
Air Fills: Cave Country Diving - Home in High Springs where Salvo used to be.
(US Hwy 441)
There is a Winn-Dixie in High Springs, open 7 AM to 10 PM every day.
Also a Publix close to the Interstate 75.
There is also a CVS Pharmacy right next to the Hardees.

If you have any questions, just ask. One of us will respond.

Last edited:
ok , I need a new chair :D
Chips , Beaners BIG Hot Dogs ( you know )

And my lazy self , of course)

River is a little high right now but no flooding that I know of

Beano

Adding that I will bring hamburgers and shredded cheese for breakky. I

I will be making delicious baked goods as mentioned before

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom