Check serial number for warranty on Perdix AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReefHound

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
So the warranty is 2 years and lives with the unit and Shearwater tracks the serial numbers automatically. If one is purchasing a used unit, how can they check the serial number to verify any remaining warranty period?

So the warranty is 2 years and lives with the unit and Shearwater tracks the serial numbers automatically. If one is purchasing a used unit, how can they check the serial number to verify any remaining warranty period?
Seems obvious that you would reach out to Shearwater directly as you know they track this stuff? They have great customer service!

Seems obvious that you would reach out to Shearwater directly as you know they track this stuff? They have great customer service!

That doesn't help when you need an answer immediately.

That doesn't help when you need an answer immediately.
If it's not on available on their website (I've not seen anything like that), then I don't see any other way to get reliable info!

If it's not on available on their website (I've not seen anything like that), then I don't see any other way to get reliable info!

The purpose of my question was to not assume there is no way because I cannot find it on their website, but to check with other Shearwater owners who may have been through it and know a way.

even if out of warranty, they go to great lengths to help you out. i wouldn't be worried.

Not a matter of worry. It's about valuation of an item for sale.

Shearwater is very quick to respond to e-mails.

Shearwater is not very quick to respond to SB posts unless it is in a thread they've started and are monitoring.

E-mail Shearwater.

check the date of purchase on the receipt!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom