Hi from Valencia, Spain.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Caudiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
After reading this forum for a while I have decided to join and contribute. Thanks to all of you for so many interesting posts.
If somebody needs information about diving in the Spanish Mediterranean I will be so happy to advice about my favourite spots around here.
Carlos.

After reading this forum for a while I have decided to join and contribute. Thanks to all of you for so many interesting posts.
If somebody needs information about diving in the Spanish Mediterranean I will be so happy to advice about my favourite spots around here.
Carlos.
Hi carlos, nice to meet you.
Me and my partners are new divers situated in the Torrevieja area of spain. Can you recommend any decent dive sites other than cala cortina & cabo de palos?

Hi,
The island of Tabarca is a marine reserve. You can dive there with Centro de Buceo Elx (Inicio) or Anthias (Anthias - Anthias) both located in Santa Pola.
Benidorm is also a good spot to dive the Benidorm Island or another place called "La Llosa". There are some diving centres there but I use to go with Nisos (http://nisosbenidorm.es/).
Anyway my favourite place is Cabo de Palos but only if you dive in the marine reserve. The other closer the the coast are not worth for the money they cost. If you are not into Tec Diving Balkysub is a good option (Inicio | Balkysub - Centro de Buceo PADI CDC).
Good luck!

howdy and welcome from southeast florida usa.....

What do you mean by marine reserve in cabo de palos? i dive their frequently where the lighthouse is situated if you are familiar ?
Hi again,
It is a sort of "National Park" including several reefs around 0,5 miles away from the coast line. It´s a protected area where just few local fishermen from the village with an special licence are allowed to fish only using traditional methods.
It was declared in 2015 best diving place in Europe. It´s quite espectacular not only for the its sea life but also for the presence of many wrecks (these quite deep so you need to be tech except for one called "Isla Gomera" or "Naranjito" which lies 28-44 m deep).
Free diving on this protected area is not allowed neither from the coast or from your private boat. You have to book the dives through one of the many diving centres located on the port.
I enclose a link to wikipedia with additional info, but it´s in Spanish.
Reserva marina de Cabo de Palos e Islas Hormigas - Wikipedia, la enciclopedia libre

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom