Shearwater Firmware v53 Now Available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry, @JohnnyC . v53 is not available for Predators.

nooooooooo.jpg

For what it's worth, there seems to be a slight lag when trying to get to the new screen in the log with the effect that you actually think you've mis pressesd the button so you press it again . Of course pressing twice will ake you out of the log for that dive and you have to go back in again and cycle to the last page to view it.

so how do you access the new stack time feature?

found it, advanced config.

Last edited:
@charlier
it's a Shearwater not a S***** dive computer!

Nothing easier than installing a firmware update on a Shearwater: start Shearwater Desktop V 3.1.5 enable Bluetooth both on the Mac and on the Shearwater, choose 'Dive Computer' and 'Update Firmware' in the menu and follow the instructions - done!
Even easier if you use the Shearwater Cloud app on your smart phone!

@Joneill quoting me

Charlier asked "Can I use my Mac laptop ..." and I just answered his question.

Even easier if you use the Shearwater Cloud app on your smart phone!

Thanks for the information. My MAC isn't cooperating and I've tried everything tech support has offered. I'll give this a try too.

@Bratface
does your Mac support Bluetooth 4.0 or above (with BT LE)?

In case it does Shearwater support advised me to turn on "Compatibility Mode" in Shearwater Desktop under: Help menu. In my case it worked fine afterwards.

Yes it does support Bluetooth and I also turned on the compatibilty mode on the desktop. I think it's my Mac. Since the last upgrade it's been very, very slooowwww. I did download cloud on my ipad and was able to successfully update the firmware. Mac will be visiting the Apple store in the future. Wish they had the same tech support as Shearwater.

did you check if you have Bluetooth 4.0 or higher (built in since 2012) on board?
Sounds like you still have a HDD in your Mac.
I hope you can get it right!

European, problem solved, at least for upgrading the firmware. Downloaded the cloud app and it was installed in minutes. I'm really thinking it is an issue with my home computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom