Reducing inner diameter of corrugated hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seefa

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have an Apeks wing with the standard elbow, I replaced the elbow with an aqualung one that has an integrated dump valve but the aqualung elbow has a slightly smaller diameter and hence my corrugated hose doesn't fit snuggly and leaks a bit.

Does anyone have a suggestion for reducing the inner diameter of the hose for a tighter fit?

It might be simpler to make a gasket out of silicone.

It looks like I need the diameter to go from 3/4" to 1", do bike inner tubes exist in such a small diameter (3/4")?

Several turns of electrical tape will work as well.

It looks like I need the diameter to go from 3/4" to 1", do bike inner tubes exist in such a small diameter (3/4")?

Typical inner tube for a road bike has an OD of ~.7"

They are thin, so you might even need to use a couple layers.

Do you know anyone who does a lot of bike riding? I try to change out my inner tubes long before they "go bad", so keep a couple around for this type of thing. And they are t that expensive anyway.

Have you considered buying the proper hose?
i think he needs to buy the hose + inflator. Apeks is a pain for that , diameters are odds, have the same problem to change my inflator, no one match, except the one sold by Apeks...

i think he needs to buy the hose + inflator. Apeks is a pain for that , diameters are odds, have the same problem to change my inflator, no one match, except the one sold by Apeks...
He has a 1” hose, standard size for most but added a 3/4” fitting for a pull dump, if I’m following properly, if so why not just go AL all the way? Making up 1/4” isn’t easy but can be done if you don’t mind pulling on a hose that is monkey rigged to utilize the pull dump, his gear he can do whatever he likes with it.

Back
Top Bottom