Diving in Northern Viti Levu (Rakiraki) Looking for experience with operators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnN

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a chance to spend 6 days in the Rakiraki area of Viti Levu. I see two operators, Volivoli and Wananavu. Does anyone have direct experience with either?

Is there one in that area that I'm missing? My interests are macro and have heard the Bligh Straights are very good.

Bula !

Last edited:
We spent 10 days at Wananavu in 2014. It was fantastic. It is a long boat ride ride to the Va Tu Ra passage with either operator, but well worth it.

I dove with Volivoli 3 years ago. Great Operator. Will go the extra mile to put you on the best sites.
I dove with the previous operator at Wannanavu about 10 years ago so my info would be too stale to be of use.

We dived at Volivoli 6 months ago. Resort has been rebuilt since cyclone, very comfortable accommodations, food is excellent, like top restaurant in Nadi / 5 star hotel. Diving in the Bligh Strait is as good as anywhere in the Somosomo strait / Taveuni, dive crew are very good, boat is good. Be prepared for long transfers to the strait, like 60 mins there and 60 mins back. It can be rough but the diving is worth it, also boats don.t go out if its not safe. This is the best diving on the main island IMO.

I have a chance to spend 6 days in the Rakiraki area of Viti Levu. I see two operators, Volivoli and Wananavu. Does anyone have direct experience with either?

Is there one in that area that I'm missing? My interests are macro and have heard the Bligh Straights are very good.

Bula !
I've Dived with Dive Wananavu. Fiji was my first destination after getting certified, so I was very new, I remember being very impressed by the sites visited and feeling very safe and taken care of. This visit would have been towards the end of 2016. Fiji is a place I definitely want to return to.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom