Dry glove system for Santi smart seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

True, but I know what a wet wrist feels like just from inherent flexing of the wrist while doing stuff on a dive. It's enough water to be annoying. It would be great if a dry suit, you know, really kept you dry. We can keep wishing.

True, but I know what a wet wrist feels like just from inherent flexing of the wrist while doing stuff on a dive. It's enough water to be annoying. It would be great if a dry suit, you know, really kept you dry. We can keep wishing.

As long as I haven't gotten a hole in my dry gloves, my Kubi rings have never let me get wet. At least, not via water ingress around my hands/wrists...

They have been so solid, I have actually been contemplating removing the wrist seals altogether and just only diving dry with dry gloves. I think it would be warmer, overall, around my wrists/hands, and more comfortable in general.

To my knowledge a squeeze will happen to any dry glove syste retaining wrist seals.

I reckon people using some sort of straw indeed, as you can easily pull them off if the glove were to flood.

I’ve heard someone leaving on purpose his undersuit thumb loops below the wrist seal but in case of glove flood i am concerned it would be difficult to push them back behind the wrist seals and hence let lots of water inside the suits.

So i’d be keen to find out what people recommend, and if it is straws, what kind.

Cheers

Nicolas

I'd recommend using the outer insulation for wiring that you'd use for your house. It is flat and stiff.

I put a short length or surgical tubing in my seal on deep dives to equalize the gloves. on dives less than 50 i don't bother.

I was doing the same... until I have seen the video from Kubi and I have learned to put the inner glove under the seal: no more tubing and strange things around. Plus in case it gets flooded (you never know) you just move the seal up and it'll close the suit easily. You can see it here:

Last edited:
No I thought the click was too soft / squishy too! I had my buddy check them because on the video they sounded like SNAP! They were fine though. I think as long as they look on, they are on.

You'll have to let us know if you feel a squeeze once you do some diving deeper than a pool.

After lubricating the seal between dives with silicone grease it started snapping much firmer. Completely dry dives to 60ft in 1 C water last weekend... This Santi glove ring seems to simply work.

I was doing the same... until I have seen the video from Kubi and I have learned to put the inner glove under the seal: no more tubing and strange things around. Plus in case it gets flooded (you never know) you just move the seal up and it'll close the suit easily. You can see it here:

Oh duh! That looks like the easiest answer. I'm going to try that, if I can get my wrist seals around the inner gloves.

Put on the inner gloves before you don the top of the suit. The glove gauntlet will be trapped under the wrist seal.

The trick of wearing a thin nitrile glove over the glove liner, but under the dry glove, and putting the wrist seal over that is interesting. Hmmm.... I wonder how squeeze and equalization works for the air that is inside the dry glove but outside the nitrile glove.

Oh duh! That looks like the easiest answer. I'm going to try that, if I can get my wrist seals around the inner gloves.

Sometime i wear the inner glove before putting my drysuit on.. but the downside of doing this is that you have to wear the dry gloves immediately after, or you'll risk to soak the gloves (ie: you cannot wash your mask.. etc.), while I like to wear them at last second after I'm fully setup and ready to go. However you don't need to cover the whole glove, neither you need to be "precise".. you just overlap the seal to a point and that little space will be enough to let the air travelling between, it's very easy to just put a edge of the glove under the seal.

You guys are way over complicating this. If I forget to tuck my under gloves into the seals or they slip out just making a fist, flexing, and rolling your wrists around is enough to break the seal and allow the gloves to equalize.

Last edited:
You guys are way over complicating this. If I forget to tuck my under gloves into the seals or they slip out just making a fist, flexing, and rolling your wrists around is enough to break the seal and allow the gloves to equalize.

Maybe with your suit. It will never happen with my Santi, no matter what strange movement you can make with your first/wrist, the seal will never break.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom