Cozumel Dive Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fader

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
OK...So this is my first post and it may be my last - (I don't often participate in forums, but I respect, and read them when I really need to learn about something.) Anyway...I'm not a newbie to SCUBA or Cozumel and I thought I really ought to tell you about my experience with Jeremy and his dive operation, "Living Underwater".

I'll take a second to give you a bit about my experience diving Cozumel - I first dove there as a teen in the 70's...way back when you could swim in Laguna Chan Canab, and swim through the tunnel to the ocean... It certainly made an impression on me and gave me a hobby I could pursue for a lifetime. Since then, I've dove with more local operators there than I can count. I used to live in Miami, and we'd fly over for the weekend as a young adult...I vacationed there when I could - I even spent my honeymoon there...I quit counting dives around 500, but that was close to twenty years ago...

Now my wife and I try to take several different dive trips a year, but we always end up back in Cozumel. Partly it's the water, but as we get older it's become the whole experience, and who you dive with is a big part of that. Sometime this century we had pretty much decided which dive operation is "The Best". It was indeed one that gets high praises here and rightly so. We love them, but we were on the Island with friends once who were diving with Jeremy on the Jewfish (His totally awesome boat), and the next time we booked a trip, we did it with him.

Jeremy is an owner / operator that quite simply (based on my experiences) has the best service top to bottom on the Island. In addition to having a great (and fast) boat, he has an almost unrivaled knowledge of the reefs, and a great eye for the interesting and unique. His crew is top notch, and on several occasions we have seen him go far beyond what is necessary to take care of his clients. He has also done the same for me when my gear got lost by Fed X, giving me a ride to go find it, and then locating it for me days later (long after I had given up on it). In short - He is one of the good guys. Someone you'd love to have as an operator, but also someone anyone would be proud to call a friend. And he also has all the amenities you'd expect. Dry raincoats when it rains, snacks and water, over-sized tanks, extra patience, and a good sense of humor.

So that pretty much covers it. If you haven't dove Cozumel with Jeremy and Living Underwater, you might well have missed something. (He'll even take you north instead of south if everyone on the boat wants to go...) Of course if you haven't, now you have a reason to go back!

Nice review and very pleasantly explained. I enjoyed learning your Cozumel story from years past..... I pray I'm still talking about dive trips to the island many years from now too! Thanks for taking the time to share the details. Continued safe diving to you.

Heck, I've been on dives where people wanted to do one dive in the north and one down far south and we've done it.
(He'll even take you north instead of south if everyone on the boat wants to go...)

Nice review, and FWIW it matches my experience diving with Jeremy and Living Underwater.

Me and my wife are currently in Mexico City. Tomorrow we fly to Cozumel to dive with Living Underwater for a week. Looking forward to it even more after reading your review.

Yep. Yep. and Yep. I've dove with many ops on the island, none bad, some very good, but this year I chose Jeremy based on some recommendations I trusted. I wasn't disappointed. I agree with you that after 'some' years, it's not just about diving till you puke, it's about great diving and a great experience. Jeremy's easy going attitude, excellent skills and great service IMO can't be beat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom