Moving to Philly!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AL-Diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hey everyone, I wanted to post and introduce myself. I am moving from Washington State to Philadelphia, PA. Not quite sure where exactly I'll be living yet, other than I will be working in South Philly. I've been diving since about 2006, and almost all of it has been in cold water.

I learned to dive in Ohio in rock quarries so I'm familiar with diving quarries, but I will miss the waters of the Puget Sound. I'll be interested in finding a shop that leans a little technical or at least is able to support technical diving.

I look forward to diving with new folks in the future. I should be arriving in PA next week, and intend to go visit the Baltimore dive on the 19th and 20th.

ACL

Welcome to the east coast!

I'm in NJ but have dove a couple times with the group from Scubadelphia the owner Dave is a great guy and I believe runs tech classes from time to time.

For local diving, Dutch Springs is not too far from you and is a pretty great quarry.

If you want to get out in the ocean there are several boats on the jersey shore. Two which cater to technical divers are the Gypsy Blood and the Independence II. Jim and his crew on the Gypsy are so good I almost won't go out on any other boat. I've never been on the Independence but I hear equally good things from over there.

Welcome!

Another good local tech resource is Northeast Scuba Supply which is (somewhat ironically) North West of Philly near Norristown. The owner, John, is also a really good guy and the shop is a great option for some killer deals on closeouts, used stuff, and all sorts of useful, but hard-to-find hardware and supplies. Definitely much more tech than dive-travel oriented.

I'm new to this, but just completed AOW up at Dutch with the "house" instructor Ron (Captain Ron's Diving).
Doing EFR (First Aid), Emergency Oxygen Provider, & Nitrox over the winter with the plan for Rescue Diver, Deep Diver, Night Diving, Wreck, Search and Recovery, & a couple other TBD specialties through the rest of the season with Ron and crew.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom