Bauer Capitano - Fill Whip Connector

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Noah-Oldjunkdiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have an older (1985) Bauer Capitano and would like to purchase a second fill whip for it. I've been poking around but nobody seems to know what type of connector I have coming off of the leaver valve. I know it is a M16 x 1.5 thread but can't identify the connector type. Attached are pics of the existing fill whip connector as well as the leaver valve end. If anybody has some info or even better a fill whip with the same connector I would be forever grateful...
fwhip1.jpg
fwhip2.jpg
fwhip2.jpg

Why not just spin that fitting out of the face of the valve and put in a JIC so that you can get replacement hoses anywhere?

Thank you for replying Ray. I did pull the fitting out of the lever valve to see if I could get one to fit a JIC hose but none of the companies I've tried can provide one as it apparently is a very rare/complicated metric face seal fitting. My dive shop buddy thought it might be a Swagelok fitting but when I went there they said it wasn't. Best case senario for me would be to find an adapter like you suggest as a Friend is willing to give me a fill whip with a JIC fitting. I do have a Bauer hose with the proper connector to fit my existing fitting so I probably could use it and replace the fitting on the other end to match up with standard fill whip accessories. Ray...if you or someone else can identify or suggest where I may get the proper face seal adapter with a JIC fitting I would be most grateful. I will post up a picture of the Bauer hose I have as well...the Bauer part number is N 2819. Many thanx again for replying to my post...Kirk.

OK folks...attached is a picture of the Bauer hose as well as the fitting off my lever valve. They do match up perfectly so I could use it and replace the other end to connect the fill pieces...or one of you wonderful/knowledgeable people can point me in the right direction to buy a fitting that will have the same metric (M16 x 1.5) threads with the face seal o-ring. Any help would greatly be appreciated...thanx.
Bauer N2819.jpg

Also are you sure its M16? It just looks smaller to me in the photo
If you need a Swagelock fittings its the one below to 1/2OD Tube
Then 1/2" OD tube stub to 1/4 NPT male and then 1/4 Equal plumbing tee then 2 x JIC 4 to 1/4 NPT male adaptors give you two (2) Outlets

Stainless Steel Swagelok Tube Fitting, Male Connector, 12 mm Tube OD x M16 x 1.5 Male Metric Thread | Swagelok

Or this on your side of the pond:

3/8 x M16 x 1.5 Male 37° JIC to 90° Male Metric Straight Thread Connector - Kimball Midwest

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom