Solutions for leaking silicone wrist seals needed!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No reason you can't use a latex seal with your Sitech system if they work better for you.

Did you seat the silicone seals correctly on the rings, also add some silicone grease when fitting them. Si tech have the seals in 2 sizes, use the smaller size and dont cut them.

No reason you can't use a latex seal with your Sitech system if they work better for you.
I think the latex is thinner than the silicone and don not always seal great.

Have you tried supergluing the seals to your wrists?

You said they're quick-change, so when you're done diving, just detach the seals from the drysuit. A good sweater and no one will notice.

Hey, you asked for solutions.... :)

Did you seat the silicone seals correctly on the rings, also add some silicone grease when fitting them. Si tech have the seals in 2 sizes, use the smaller size and dont cut them.
No silicone grease when fitting them, so I think I will refit them with some. I thought about getting the smaller size but the shop was trying to dissuade me from that. I guess I will have to have them order in some. I'll be able to swap the new pair over and hopefully they allow me to swap the insralled pair even if they have been dived.

dry gloves

This would be my suggestion also. When ever I have dived with wrist seals I have come up with varying degrees of wet arms. I use dry gloves all the time now and always come back dry.

This would be my suggestion also. When ever I have dived with wrist seals I have come up with varying degrees of wet arms. I use dry gloves all the time now and always come back dry.

Using dry gloves is not going to fix the problem, it will only cover it up.

Using dry gloves is not going to fix the problem, it will only cover it up.
the problem was "My first dive last night and the left wrist leaked badly. " - so yes, dry gloves will solve the problem.

the problem was "My first dive last night and the left wrist leaked badly. " - so yes, dry gloves will solve the problem.
How do dry gloves go in caves and ship wrecks without the tactile feel?

Back
Top Bottom