2nd stage inline tool

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well that sucks, diverightinscuba dont know what they are talking about then lol (yes it has an inline hex tool they say)

but thanks for the help guys, and thanks tursiops for the link, now i know what that tool really is!

I think it's worth contacting DRIS and sending them that link I provided. They are pretty reputable and pretty good with customer service. When you can give them some hard facts, maybe they'll offer you some kind of adjustment. You can get the two-ended in-line adjuster with an IP gauge for $65: Deluxe 2nd stage regulator adjusting tool with gauge.
Piranha also has what looks to be the same thing you have: Hex Head 2nd Stage Regulator Adjustment Tool , Piranha Dive Shop | which they do not call "in-line" but they do say you can adjust a regulator with it. I don't see how....at least not any better than using a simple hex wrench. Maybe there is some kind of fitting that fits the reg on one end, and at 90 deg a reg hose, and the mystery gadget screws into to to allow the in-line adjustment. I've never seen such a fitting, however.

im not to sure on DRIS, i placed 2 orders (because of the total price trying to avoid customs charges on my end ) but they shipped them together so i had to pay the extra customs charges to get my stuff, now i find the info customer service gave me is wrong lol.

but yes that tool i have is a glorified hex wrench for any reg that isnt the octo swivel.

Back
Top Bottom