Solutions for leaking silicone wrist seals needed!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Derelict

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So the latex seals on my suit reached the end of their life span and i decided to put on Si Tech QCS quick change seals with silicone seals. My first dive last night and the left wrist leaked badly.

Through some investigative work this morning I figured that it is because of the tendons in my wrist and the softness of the silicone.

My old latex seals used to squeeze my wrist tight, but the silicone seals do not. My wrists are larger than the minimum seal measurements. It was only my left side and i assume it is from gripping my light handle. Or could it just be a poor gluing job by the shop? The work looks good.

Any way, anybody have a similar issue that they deal with?

Rough and ready approach is try again with a broad elastic band on the wrist, see if your wrist anatomy just needs tighter wrist seals. My wrists are horribly shaped for wrist seals and any gripping motion causes gaps between the tendons.

Good luck,
Cameron

Last edited:
You could also try some of those Apollo Bio Seals.

Rough and ready approach is try again with a broad elastic band on the wrist, see if your wrist anatomy just needs tighter wrist seals. My wrists are horribly shaped for wrist seals and any gripping motion causes gaps between the tendons.

Good luck,
Cameron
Would the smaller wrist seal be too tight though? I can go to the shop today and see if i can swap the seals for smaller size.

If you’re sure you don’t have some bit of undergarment stuck under the seal it may be time for smaller seals.

If you’re sure you don’t have some bit of undergarment stuck under the seal it may be time for smaller seals.

Thanks for your advice. Going to try my friends bioseals first and then maybe his smaller seals too.

Back
Top Bottom