Cheap... eBay drysuit undergarments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That was my thinking...less than half the price of xerotherms or equivalent.
I did email Ron, he recommended 100g Thinsulate, but I am slightly concerned about being too warm in 70F water...

Dave

I think under any circumstances you will sweat in those temps. My 100 gr wicks fine.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I don't usually post (lurker) but I have to give Ron props for his product since he doesn't seem to really advertise. Mine just showed up in the mail. It is a better quality fabric than it looks like in the eBay pictures and fits amazing. This is a better quality material than some off the rack stuff I have looked at. For reference I'm 6ft 190 lbs and size 42R suits with 34 inch waist and a size large fits me perfectly.

Reactions: D_B
Great value in an undergarment, and great service from rondel101bjrr. I purchased the "2 LAYER OF 250G/SQM+ 4 WAY POLARTEC DRYSUIT UNDERGARMENT" to replace my old 300 gr DUI jumpsuit. I have done numerous recent dives in Connecticut under the ice and have been nice and warm.

I'm 6', 175 lbs and purchased a large. The height is perfect, the midsection is baggy.

Another thumbs up for rondel101bjrr and his drysuit 'jammies'. I'm very happy with the quality of construction and warmth

I purchased the same one! "2 LAYER OF 250G/SQM+ 4 WAY POLARTEC DRYSUIT UNDERGARMENT"

Ron is great to deal with.

I am 5'9" 190 and it fits perfect.

I wont have it in the water for another couple of weeks, but I am sure it is going to keep me nice and warm.

I purchased the same one! "2 LAYER OF 250G/SQM+ 4 WAY POLARTEC DRYSUIT UNDERGARMENT"

Ron is great to deal with.

I am 5'9" 190 and it fits perfect.

I wont have it in the water for another couple of weeks, but I am sure it is going to keep me nice and warm.

I bought the same item and same dimensions and also had a great experience! Seems great for 60F SoCal water.

Hi all, wanted to contribute my 2 cents. I contacted Ron to ask him which of his suits would fit me best. I am a bit of a gorilla at 6'3", 285, 54 suit coat, 38" arms, a long torso and short legs.

I wanted it for diving off Northern and Central California.

He was great to deal with, and it was obvious his concern from the start was getting me into a suit that fit my body and my needs, not just making a sale. He asked quite a few question regarding the type of diving I was doing and the type of drysuit it would be under and how my drysuit fit.

In the end, he offered to have one custom made for me and I have to say it fits like a glove! It is a two layer polartec and I dove with it this past weekend under a White's Fusion Tech. I was quite warm, well until my drysuit leaked but that's not Ron's issue:) though even then it was not too bad.

My dive buddy was in a brand new Fourth element Arctic and boy was he pissed when he learned how much I paid for my suit as compared to his! The 4th Element is "fancier" looking, but I could care less, it was no warmer or more functional. I also picked up a pair of the polartec socks which kept my feet nice and comfy.

If you are on the fence in regards to one of Ron's suits, I say go for it, I am VERY pleased, or reach out to him through eBay, he is quick to respond and easy to work with.

Stay warm :)

I would say to send an email and ask. I have not bought from him in a few years, so it is hard to say.

I know this thread is quite old, but...
Any chance this guy is still kicking around and making what sounds to be a killer undergarment?
Please link his site or pm with the contact information if possible

Back
Top Bottom