Information needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It appears this question is very recent. I know my favorite shop, Deep Blue will pick up there. Also, their fast boats means less time getting wherever you want to go. When possible, Deep Blue splits boats by diver experience. So if there are enough divers, the experienced divers are on a boat with others of a similar level. I've been diving with Deep Blue for many years and they have always been terrific.

Don, no one says we can't expand the list but geeze after an uncountable number of posts and weeks of putting it together do we really all want to go through all that again? All know there are some that didn't make the list but it was built on the # of responses we had at the time from all the Scubaboard Coz contributors at the time. I say we give it a few more years before we go through that again.
No, don't repeat as I didn't support the attempt in the first place. I'd just rename the list something like "10 of the most popular on SB" and always use that description.

Once again, Dandy Don speaks the truth. The op/dm I dive with isn't on that list and they are, of course, the best. Cozumel has so many great dive ops that the choice can be made on any number of variables and often, IMHO, it comes down to finding people that you truly love and then diving with them. When you find them you know. I dive with people that have been diving with the same DM for 20 years through a few changes of dive ops and the dive ops do change. It's the people that matter.

+2 for Tres Pelicanos. In December 3P's stopped at Money Bar several times to pick up and drop off divers. You shouldn't have a problem being picked up and dropped off there... You're problem will be which dive op to select that picks up and drops off there. I may as well break out the old top 10 list I managed to find a few days ago. I assume several of these in addition to those already mentioned will pick up and drop off there.

Aldora
Blue Angel
Blue Magic
Blue XT Sea
Bottom Time Divers
Dive with Allison
Dive with Martin
Liquid Blue
Living Underwater
Tres Pelicanos
Sorry, when did the voting take place, I seem to have missed it?

Thanks

The problem with polls like this is that people have their fave ops and want to cheerlead for them and SBers are a very small sample of the divers that go to Cozumel. That, and most of us have only sampled a few ops, so we aren't really objective.

Most dive ops on the island are very good; if you picked one at random it is unlikely that you would be disappointed unless you were looking for something specific that they didn't offer. After all, it's the diving itself that is so good there; the dive op is largely about the boat ride.

Last edited:
An important part of picking a Coz op is figuring out what you want, first. Do you want steel tanks or aluminum? What schedule do you want? Smaller boats or bigger ones? Valet service? If you are diving nitrox, I suggest asking if there is an analyzer on every boat so that you can analyze the tank(s) yourself.

I suggest contacting ops via email and asking the questions that are important to you.

Oh, and my preferred ops, like everyone else's here on the Coz forum, are the best ones. :)

Although the shop I dive with is on "the list", I can't say it is the best. It works great for me and it provides everything I need.
If I was going to COZ 5-6 times a year I might try other places, but for my annual trip I am quite happy with the DM's, Captains, boats, schedules, and all the employees at the shop so why change.

One notably missing op on the list is Dive Paradise. Last year, a guy I know went to Cozumel for the first time. Spent a week diving with Dive Paradise and came back announcing that Dive Paradise is the BEST DIVE OP on the island. So, there you have it.

Funny thing is, I know the guy's diving habits and Dive Paradise isn't the best dive op for him and his buddy. Last year he stayed at Hotel Cozumel. This year he's at a different hotel and has a better choice at his fingertips, but he's still diving with Dive Paradise, because, you know, they're the BEST DIVE OP on the island.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom