PADI Ambassadiver Jack Fishman here.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
HI guys would like to introduce myself,

As a preschooler, I would push sand off the sand table to see the patterns it would make on the floor, so it’s no surprise he’s always had a passion for exploration and new adventures. After graduating in 2014 from the College of Charleston with a degree in hospitality and tourism, I taught scuba in Charleston, South Carolina (USA) before moving to Key Largo, Florida, to work with the nonprofit organization Reef Environmental Education Foundation (REEF). REEF is a grass-roots organization that seeks to conserve marine ecosystems by educating, enlisting and enabling divers and other marine enthusiasts to become active ocean stewards and citizen scientists.

I now work as the marine conservation coordinator and a PADI Staff Instructor at Rainbow Reef Dive Center in Key Largo, a position that allows him to create community-based programs in marine conservation and related activities. “One example is our marine debris removal efforts, which have successfully removed more than 1000 pounds of marine debris fr
DSC_4719.jpg
om our local reefs since its inception in May 2016,” I said. “As a dive instructor, I work every day to bring new divers into the marine-conservation fold.”

His mission: to ignite a passion for coral reef and ocean conservancy within local communities, spreading outside of these coastal areas to further inspire others to take action and make a difference.

Back
Top Bottom