Anacapa Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Raptor provides the tanks (Faber LP85) as they don't have a compressor on board. Also check if its 3 tanks or 2 on the Raptor (Spectre and Peace are typically 3 tank day rips). Food on the Raptor is pre-made sandwiches and salad only iirc.

Just let the DM at check-in know that you would like to find a buddy, No worries.

Food on the Raptor is the following:
Donuts, Coffee, tea and cider upon boarding
Fruit platter, hummus and veggie platter after Dive 1
Some form of homemade soup or chili + roast beef, ham and turkey sandwiches on croissants and sandwich rolls after Dive 2-- A variety of chips and sodas are available at all times, along with water.
On the ride back to Ventura after the last dive, homemade brownies are put out and if you desire, you can purchase beer for the ride back after all diving is done.

Reactions: mdb
hmmmm..... that may or may not just be the dive shop trying to squeeze some money out of me lol. I can see on the actual peace boat website the $140 price you guys are talking about. Maybe the dive shop is charging more for gear rental and guide? idk
That would make sense if it includes equipment (depending on how much equipment) and a guide. Otherwise there is no reason for an upcharge like that.

I would also look at Truth Aquatics out of Santa Barbara always a good time with them. They have a shop right at the dock that can rent you anything you need and they have Nitrox onboard. If you need a guide that will be extra and you will have to arrange for it as the DM’s stay onboard usually one will be suited up as a safety diver in case of an emergency. Anacapa is awesome by the way!

Reactions: mdb
Peace is a great boat. March/April the water temps at Anacapa is in the upper 50’s. I haven’t been on the boat in a few years but I was always able to buddy up, a few times pre-arranged on Scubaboard.

I am hearing it's $140 for the boat, but around $300 for four dives in one day, so $440. I am looking at booking through Malibu Divers. Thanks everyone for the help!
Plenty of other dive shops have the Peace booked other weekend days to Anacapa. Standard price for the boat is about $140. Look around for a different shop, or check with Aloha Dive, who has the other half of the boat booked the day you are looking at. I'm sure they don't have the $300 upcharge

Some of my best dives in the Channel Islands have occurred at Anacapa. Please bare in mind, dive conditions in SoCal vary widely, so much that it is literally a crap shoot every time you go out. One of the best dive days I ever had at Anacapa occurred when 15' breakers were hitting the beaches adjacent to the Ventura Harbor entrance.

You can have the most beautiful surface conditions in the world and have crap underwater. So when you go, you get what you get. If it's poor, it just means you have to come back and dive again.

I enjoy the Peace and think the crew does a very nice job. I also find the Sprectre Dive Boat at Ventura to be excellent too. Scuba dive trips, snorkeling and gear rental off California's Channel Islands

Alrighty, goin to Anacapa on February 10 & 11, if anyone wants to make it out there. I could use a dive buddy or two or three or four! Thanks again everyone for the insight

The Peace is a great dive boat and Anacapa is an interesting island to dive IMHO.

When I hear Dr. Love, I think of Dr. Milton Love... the fishiest ichthyologist on the West Coast!

My 12 yo daughter (PADI jr scuba diver) and I (OW) are looking at raptor or Spectre 2/24 and 2/25. I was under the understanding she would need a professional diving with us but have heard that she can just go with me. However, being that we have never dove California and both have less than 10 dives, I at minimum want a buddy. Guides seem to be $150-$250 per day. Anyone know if we Are required to have a guide?

Back
Top Bottom