Tips for a couple in Bonaire? Where to stay??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The wife and I are thinking about staying there in May for a snorkeling trip. It sounds like the rooms are very comfortable and clean.
Do they have a tv in the bedroom?
Thanks for any input. would love to be right on the water though.
Joe
Yes- They do have TV's in the bedroom.

Did you look at Sand Dollar Condo.s, Coral Paradise Resort, Beachcomber Villas or Hamlet Oasis? Haven't stayed at any of those; the locations and house reef situation might be acceptable to you. Not sure what your kitchen options at each are.

Richard.

Another option to consider if you really want waterfront, is the new Delfins Resort. It is south of the airport near Lighthouse Point. Probably the most upscale resort on the island. Hotels.com is offering discounted pricing - less than directly through Delfins, I believe. @morecowbells has or is about to stay there and can likely add some perspective. I did some diving from there (they have a Dive Friends shop on site) last month.
Hotels.com - hotels in Bonaire, Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba

And here is the Delfins website: Luxury defined by nature - Delfins Beach Resort Bonaire

In 3 weeks we will be in Bonaire. It sounds like there were some kinks to be worked out at Delfins after it initially opened. Hopefully everything is now smooth sailing. I will definitely let you guys know my findings.

If you haven't found anything suitable yet, you might want to contact Caradonna Dive Adventures. We had sort of the same situation and they found a place for us. Nearly the same time frame as you. Just give them your requirements and they'll look at what they have available. Here is the contact info for the person I spoke with. She was very helpful. - Amarillis Morales Phone: 800-328-2288 x 154

Good luck!

Larry Stewart

Looked at Delfins
Hotels.com says it has 2 twin beds in each room
Not too romantic

This is common in the hospitality industry on Bonaire and in some parts of Europe. Two singles can be used individually or linked together to make a king. Sometimes the linked beds are fastened together, and sometimes not.

We always carry some spare parachute cord in our Bonaire travel kit in case we need to tie the frames together so one of us doesn't fall between the mattresses. o_O

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom