Tips for a couple in Bonaire? Where to stay??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Its not truely ocean front but there seems to be an appartment available for your days at Port Bonaire.

Diving Port Bonaire A101 - with sea view an... - VRBO

We did not stay in this unit but did stay at PB our last trip. The location is convenient to everything but it is directly across from the airport and the unit available is the closest. You will hear the largest planes take off but its mostly day and for us it was really a non issue. It might be worth asking if the bedroom is on the road side or water side.

You are quite literally beside Dive Friends so diving could not be easier. They even provide lockers for the gear.

If you are interested and want more of the good and bad, let me know.

There's different studio options at Eden Beach with kitchens. Restaurant on-site also and a pool. WannaDive keeps their boats there. Just north of it is Cocoa Beach Club and north of that is Den Laman/Bari.
Home - Eden Beach Resort

Last edited:
Luxury defined by nature - Delfins Beach Resort Bonaire

Delfins Beach Resort is brand new. If should have rooms plus you can give a review.

Have not stayed there but it on the radar. May be having opening pains in Oct -Dec but may have smooth out by now.
Delfins has Dive Friends Bonaire on site. You will not be able to take boats from there until they get their pier from Holland, they say Winter 2018. I don't know anything about their house reef, Lighthouse Point. We did not have a chance to visit when we were there in early December. I look forward to reviews. Not much available on TripAdvisor, very variable, but it's only been open a few months. Nothing on Undercurrent yet

Delfins has Dive Friends Bonaire on site. You will not be able to take boats from there until they get their pier from Holland, they say Winter 2018. I don't know anything about their house reef, Lighthouse Point. We did not have a chance to visit when we were there in early December. I look forward to reviews.
I dove there for my “checkout dive” and a night dive in December. There is a lot of coral rubble before the reef edge and the reef itsself did not seem as healthy as other sites on Bonaire and the healther part a bit deeper. We went back for a night dive thinking that coral rubble might make for a good night dive and may be some octopus but just wasnt there, at least on that dive. Morecowbells is staying there in February and I know she will give a full detailed report.

I checked Delfins when I saw this thread but it didn’t show any availability for the dates.

All of the 2br/2ba bungalows at Habitat have a full kitchen, but are too big for a couple. They also have 2-1br bungalows over by the dive shop with full kitchens--so worth a try....

I take it you're not fond of Caribbean Club?
That is a good call out. CC is not nearly as nice as BBB but the location is super quiet and it is a nice stroll down the street to watch the sun set. Full access at Buddy Dive included.

This is not "on the water" but across the street. Same price range as Den Laman, where I have stayed and I love. It is just down the street from Den Laman. It is much more luxurious and romantic. I haven't gone online to see if your dates are available, so you will have to do that. @darook and his wife are also big fans and he might chime in to sing their praises. They have everything you are looking for, except the waterfront location- This is the only place on Bonaire that would absolutely induce/seduce me to forego staying on the water.
Rates & Packages

The wife and I are thinking about staying there in May for a snorkeling trip. It sounds like the rooms are very comfortable and clean.
Do they have a tv in the bedroom?
Thanks for any input. would love to be right on the water though.
Joe

Back
Top Bottom