Diviac is now PADI Travel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dogbowl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Oh, wow! I just got an email informing me of this. I do not know what to make of this. Any thoughts?

Ditto.
Also had noticed that the many sales and specials emails from Diviac that came until right up to Christmas suspiciously stopped for a while.

Reason to :) or to :( ???

I also received the e-mail this morning and my eyes went like O_O because it came out of left field for me. The transition seems to be pretty smooth so far regarding my log-in information and the re-direct to the new site if you type in www.diviac.com. I have 3 active, confirmed bookings with Diviac and all seems seamless with the "handover", if you will. I have been really happy with Diviac so hope that nothing changes for the worse but only time will tell.

I think there may be some good business opportunities that PADI could tap into with their acquisition of Diviac that can appeal to new customers/non-divers/returning divers, etc.

On another note, I'd love a loyalty discount of a return customer even if it's only a couple %!

Do you have any idea if this will affect their online logbook? It seems to be working fine and under the Diviac name not PADI

EDIT: Found the annoucement. They say the logbook will "remain independent for now" (under logbook.diviac.com)

Last edited:
Do you have any idea if this will affect their online logbook? It seems to be working fine and under the Diviac name not PADI

EDIT: Found the annoucement. They say the logbook will "remain independent for now" (under logbook.diviac.com)

You can bet they plan to eventually migrate the dive logs over to the new MyPadi which is currently in testing/beta mode and will also replace Scubaearth.

I'm curious as to whether PADI-affiliated dive op.s will get any preferential treatment in listings. If you have an island with 3 resorts affiliated with PADI and 2 with SSI, are the PADI-affiliates going to show up 1st when you look at a destination listing? Will there be any tendency to steer people toward such?

Richard.

I'm curious as to whether PADI-affiliated dive op.s will get any preferential treatment in listings

Not a PADI 5 star LDS that just finds out that it is now competing with PADI for dive travel.

Bob

Which raises the question of whether PADI LDS's will get price breaks on group trips booked through PADI Travel, and will that be enabled by not offering the lowest prices to the rest of us?

I wonder whether & to what extent Diviac's offered group discounts before this?

If PADI Travel takes off in a big way, I imagine SSI will need to come up with something similar.

Richard.

Which raises the question of whether PADI LDS's will get price breaks on group trips booked through PADI Travel, and will that be enabled by not offering the lowest prices to the rest of us?

If PADI Travel takes off in a big way, I imagine SSI will need to come up with something similar.

Richard.

I asked about group rates with Diviac and they referred to whether the boat i was inquiring about directly had them or not

Richard.
Easy. Whenever I book something, I check multiple sources beforehand. If it turns out new PADI outfit is puling strings, people will steer clear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom