Diving and Chilling in Batangas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kerryep

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey everyone!

I'm going to be visiting friends and family at the end of the month and I really want to check out Anilao's dive spots while I'm there. My issue is that I'm going to be the only one diving so I don't want to spoil everyone's fun by having them deal with the rocky beaches. Anyone know a fine sand beach near Anilao (up to 30 mins driving distance between dive spot and beach resort) or good/colourful dive spots near nice beaches?

For what it's worth, I'm a total novice certified diver with less than 10 dives at a max. depth of 20~21 metres and I'm definitely going to need to rent equipment. :)

I really really appreciate your input!

You could arrange for a private charter of a dive boat and guide... have everybody come with you to Sombrero Island... they can go snorkeling or hang on beach while you go for a dive or 2. Then add on a picnic lunch there to make a day of it.

good idea, the sombrero day trip :)

You could arrange for a private charter of a dive boat and guide... have everybody come with you to Sombrero Island... they can go snorkeling or hang on beach while you go for a dive or 2. Then add on a picnic lunch there to make a day of it.

Thanks, @Ben_ca! That sounds killer. Do you recommend anyone for the charter and rental equipment? I also heard that you can camp there. Do you know anything about that or have you ever tried it? Any input? If you know of anyone who rents tents and stuff that'd be sweet!

I've done the picnic thing when we dove out of Balai dive resort there in Anilao. It was all divers and not exactly the same as what you are planning but fun none the least. Unfortunately Balai is gone now. I think that most resorts can arrange an excursion there, so I would just ask and start talking prices with them for what you want. I think Anilao Beach Club might be a good starting point as they have a bunch of non diver, water activities that the family can partake in even before leaving Anilao.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom