Suunto Zoop problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RedSea

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

I replaced the battery in my Suunto Zoop dive computer and after a minute it goes into dive mode!
It shows 11 ft depth and starts counting dive time.
I tried to remove and re-install the battery with no help.

Any help is really appreciated.

How old is your computer? Is this your first time replacing the battery? Have you done it successfully before? If this is your first time, it might be best to take it to a shop that can look at it and possibly diagnose what’s wrong or if it was done incorrectly.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

This could indicate a defect in the pressure sensor. It may need to be sent to Suunto.

R..

This could indicate a defect in the pressure sensor. It may need to be sent to Suunto.

R..

There is no “SUUNTO Service” in the US. You need to send it to a Level 2 or 3 service center which is essentially an accredited LDS. I’ve used Underseas Scuba Center in Chicago. Sandy is great.

How old is your computer? Is this your first time replacing the battery? Have you done it successfully before? If this is your first time, it might be best to take it to a shop that can look at it and possibly diagnose what’s wrong or if it was done incorrectly.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

I've been using it for 3 years and it's the first time I replace its battery.
I replaced the batteries of my Suunto cobra, D4 and my friend's zoop with no problem.

Thank you for replying.

There is no “SUUNTO Service” in the US. You need to send it to a Level 2 or 3 service center which is essentially an accredited LDS. I’ve used Underseas Scuba Center in Chicago. Sandy is great.

I
Hello,

I replaced the battery in my Suunto Zoop dive computer and after a minute it goes into dive mode!
It shows 11 ft depth and starts counting dive time.
I tried to remove and re-install the battery with no help.

Any help is really appreciated.

I had the same thing happen when changing the battery in my buddy’s Cobra. That was a bit awkward.... Turns out it was a bad depth sensor. No fixing that, though. Best guess is your Zoop depth sensor has gone bad. Assuming it’s out of warranty, you’re probably going to need a new computer. Sorry!

On some of the production runs, it's a known issue. My Zoop was replaced at no cost through the shop I purchased it by Suunto.

Contact a L2 Suunto service center and send it back. You can also do it through your LDS but that just adds another layer. You’ll get a new computer. There is a known bug in one production run last year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom