Wanted Handful of mk1 or conshelf regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

northernone

Contributor
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Putting out a general call for very inexpensive (likely functional) two port regs. I'm diving sidemount and only need a LP port, or LP/HP combo. Thinking there might be a few regs around in retirement I could put to personal use.

Using the same regs personally in the winter now in salt water that we're using for the dive therapy program in the summer for student gear I'm increasing my maintenance schedule and don't want to risk hard used regs on the student's octopus sets.

Had IP creep on a conshelf reg a few days ago (after a good 1,400hrs, no complaints) and it reminded me.

Since I'm posting, I'm always on the outlook for serviceable mk5 or conshelf xiv, and r109 regs (or similar durable regs). Hoping to not need to borrow southern dive buddy's regs to outfit the northern program this summer.

Regards,
Cameron

I have a near mint Con 21 yoke first stage, freshly serviced and ready to dive. Message me if you're interested. To save time it's $50 plus shipping. I can post pics if you're interested. I've a feeling you're looking for cheaper though, anyway, the offers there.

are you sure buying the cheapest regs you can is a good option for your students ? and asking for the same on an open forum (that never goes away ) is wise given the litigious society we live in ????

To clarify. I'm looking for old inexpensive two port regs for my personal diving.

While I'm posting. Student regs need bullet proof full octopus set ups, so far conshelf xiv etc have been great. I'll pm about those offered. Hard to pass up a nice conshelf for a student reg.

Cheers,
Cameron

are you sure buying the cheapest regs you can is a good option for your students ? and asking for the same on an open forum (that never goes away ) is wise given the litigious society we live in ????

I am not sure that asking about an industry standard like a Conshelf is inviting lawsuits, on its face at least. Now if there is evidence of poor maintenance we might have a more lively discussion in a courtroom.

I know that I rented some _very_ old reg sets in FL this past summer for myself and my family. However, I also got to speak with the fella that helped maintain them and I thought that he was a solid sounding guy and his advice to us newbies was no-nonsense and practical. After each dive he asked us how the regs breathed. Granted we are too new to actually give him decent feedback. I'll take well maintained over an arbitrary "newness" age. My family may feel differently based on the wording of the waiver I sign. :)

first of all your right about the maintenance. it is dead on but look at it this way , early (read old ) kits are very hard to find, then they have to be rebuilt by a certified and current manufacture reg tech , all of this of course if the worst happens , so all im saying is WHY risk the liability ? not all of my rental regs are brand new BUT they are rebuilt every year by a reg tech and documented . as an instructor and facility owner its called due diligence . and if you cant prove it with documentation , in a court of law it didn't happen anyway the op said the old regs were for him

I apologize for the confusion my multi item rambling want ad created.
Intended something like this:

Wanted:
1. Handful of old two port regs for cheap to use on personal pony/stage/belly bottles.

2. Solid (serviceable) conshelf regs to build up loaner gear for the adaptive diving program. Similar durable regs also welcomed. Low budget but dependable designs are my primary concern.

Am very happy with the regs which have been offered!

Thanks all.
Cameron

I apologize for the confusion my multi item rambling want ad created.
Intended something like this:

Wanted:
1. Handful of old two port regs for cheap to use on personal pony/stage/belly bottles.

2. Solid (serviceable) conshelf regs to build up loaner gear for the adaptive diving program. Similar durable regs also welcomed. Low budget but dependable designs are my primary concern.

Am very happy with the regs which have been offered!

Thanks all.
Cameron

I have a pair of recently (last 2 years) serviced Calypso IVs. The recall kit is installed, and they come with an extra seat should you ever need it. These have a bottom port and two more on a turret, plus a 3/8" HP port. They are yoke only and cannot be converted to DIN. $60 for the whole works, I pay freight.

I have at least one Conshelf core that needs rebuilding. I'll check. $40 each for however many I have, I pay freight.

For second stages I have one plastic Conshelf 2nd stage, serviced in the last 2 years, with HOG-style mouthpiece, $20, I can include it in the box with any of the 1sts or another $10 for freight if sold separately.

Great choice Conshelfs they either work, creep or free flow. I have been using and rebuilding them for over 47 years one 1st stage body for that long. Parts are readily available. 2 to 3 years between overhauls If kept out of the bad weather. Like taken inside after a day of diving. I guess it could happen but never heard of one freezing up. Hope you find some to use and put to good use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom