How do you tell you are getting older?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Liveaboards look more attractive then schlepping tanks down to the the caves in Mexico.

Last edited:
I dive most every weekend so I keep up and dont tire, but when I hit it hard like mini season or a special trip man by day 2 or 3 it gets hard to get out of bed and get the ol joints going!

Lower back and knee but lack of stamina on everything is the worst indicator that old age is catching up fast.
When I use my senior citizen travel card everyone knows that I am over 65 as the detecting machine gives a different beeping noise!!
Welcome to reality.

I don't really feel old but yesterday I had to take eight tanks to the shop for fills, all steel 100, 119 and 130 cu ft. I unloaded them from the boat into dock carts and hauled them up to the parking lot. After filling them I loaded them back into the car, drove them to the marina and loaded them into two dock carts, wheeled them to the boat and then carried them onto the boat. I washed the boat, flushed the motors, hung dive gear and loaded two large aluminum housings and cameras into the carts. By the time I got home I was tired, but still sat at my computer working on my photos for three hours. All this was after a day of diving.

I didn't have a nice camera when I was a new diver, so it must be the camera that makes me feel older.

When I was young tanks were heavy and my muscles hurt.

Now I'm a little older (young to most), tanks are still heavy but my bones ache instead.

Happened quietly, far younger theñ expected but still diving.

Cheers,
Cameron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom