MK25 EVO, MK17 EVO / s620Ti, A700, G260

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aanderson81

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am looking at these combos as a possible upgrade. They all seem to be great regs from the reviews I have read and was wondering if you had to pick a pair of these which you would get?

I like the swivel of the MK25 EVO, but living in New England occasional cold water performance is a concern. It looks like the EVO upgrade of the MK25 does make this usable in cold water from what I have read. Although I have no idea what 30% more means in regards to cold water performance.

As for the second stage I like the weight of the s620Ti and it looks like a top quality reg but I would love some opinions here.

Also for the A700, G260. If I went that route, is the Carbon BT just a gimmick?

How cold of water are you planning to dive in?

Carbon BT is a gimmick.

I dove New England's frigid waters in the middle of the winter for MANY years (down to NJ) no issues with MK20/25 at all (mostly ocean diving). I'd recommend the MK25 first stage with either the A700 or the s620Ti second stage. Any combination of the choices you list is awesome however.

How cold of water are you planning to dive in?

Carbon BT is a gimmick.

I would like to take an Ice class in the future, but not likely a regular thing. High 30's low 40's is the low end that I will likely see with any regularity.

Any combination of the choices you list is awesome however.

That's my issue, there doesn't seem to be a poor choice in the list, makes it quite difficult to finally just pull the trigger on one.

I am also thinking about doing sidemount soon as well (knees aren't what they used to be) and the mk25 seems like it would be well suited for this.

I have the MK25 Evo S620 Ti and love it. We dive some pretty nasty and cold (Low 40's) water. I've never had any issues, just good things to say! I really like the light weight 620 second stage.

That's my issue, there doesn't seem to be a poor choice in the list, makes it quite difficult to finally just pull the trigger on one.

I am also thinking about doing sidemount soon as well (knees aren't what they used to be) and the mk25 seems like it would be well suited for this.

An MK25 with the A700 and s620Ti (one primary and one backup) :)

Everyone above is correct, all the choices above are excellent. I currently have 4 MK17s (not evo) with the G260s and 2 MK 25s with G260. A few years ago when they released the 260 I had the opportunity to dive the G260 in a high current environment and then in cold water and fell in love :)):)).

Very happy with my MK25 evo/S620Ti. I don't do cold water diving so I can't comment on that but I do dive with people that also use them in cold water with no problems.

Back
Top Bottom